Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Any big Baseball or Football fans here?

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2007, 03:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any big Baseball or Football fans here?

just curious if there are any big sprots fans here? i dont see it get talked about too much.

Im from Maine so its Red Sox and Patriots all the way for me. sorry to dissappoint.

Old 08-03-2007, 03:32 PM
Registered Users
Default RE: Any big Baseball or Football fans here?

HUGE fan here....but i am from Chicago....GOOOOOOO CUBBIES!!! 1st PLACE BABY!!! (i know, i know, almost a 100 years...i am an optimist)

and watch out football fans...Bears are winning this year...i just watched a review of their mini-camp and i wouldn't be surprised if they were PICKED to be the favs to win the bowl this year....man i can't wait, i will party for DAYS!!!

Old 08-03-2007, 03:36 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: ffingers

HUGE fan here....but i am from Chicago....GOOOOOOO CUBBIES!!! 1st PLACE BABY!!! (i know, i know, almost a 100 years...i am an optimist)

and watch out football fans...Bears are winning this year...i just watched a review of their mini-camp and i wouldn't be surprised if they were PICKED to be the favs to win the bowl this year....man i can't wait, i will party for DAYS!!!
+1...there was an article on ESPN.com just SWEATING the bears...Hester, Benson, Berrian, Urlacher, and we got Briggs for one more year...as for baseball obviously the cubs, and (sorry everyone, i know im gonna get flamed for this) THE NEW YORK YANKEES!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-03-2007, 03:43 PM

i like most college sports, mostly college football and basketball. i watch pro football from time to time but i'm not a huge fan, but when i do watch i'm pulling for Da Bears. i'm from Houston so for MLB i root for the Astros, but i'm also a Cubs fan as well. my company is sending me on a trip to Chicago for some retarded seminar later this month but i was able to lobby my boss for an extra two days so i can go to Wrigley Field and see the Cubs in action.

but aside from football, baseball, etc, i'm a HUGE racing fan. i'll watch anything really, F1, IRL, NASCAR, Moto GP (of course), even motocross sometimes. my favorite driver of all time is still Alex Zanardi... i bet even with artificial legs he's still faster than most guys out there. i don't really have a favorite rider in Moto GP yet, i haven't been watching it all that long so i haven't developed a favorite yet. Casey Stoner is really catching my eye, the way he's dominated this year is amazing.

Old 08-03-2007, 03:43 PM
Registered Users

cat....+1 on everything except the YANKEES??? oh geez....you lost like 5 pts. in my book...LOL....j/k..

hey i meant to pm you, where abouts you ride...i am in downtown, like around UIC...but i used to live in Hoffman Estates and my in-laws in Mt.Prospect...wondering if you go for nice "lengthy fun rides" and if so where....i am getting sick of just highway travel and downtown travel....pm me sometime....

Old 08-03-2007, 03:44 PM

Dont watch baseball but Green Bay be the bestest Eva!!!!!

Old 08-03-2007, 03:47 PM
Registered Users

the only thing Green Bay is good for nowadays is tackling dummies for the bears...i am glad favre didn't retire JUST so that we can sack his *** for 2 more full games and dominant him....we owe for like 10 years of misery!!!!

Old 08-03-2007, 04:00 PM

well we all saw what the Pats did to the bears last year, and this year will be worse......with the additions of Randy Moss, Donte Stallworth, Wes Welker, and Kelly Washington your Secondary will be begging us to stop, and with Adalius Thomas adding the the LB core, Rex better run.

Old 08-03-2007, 04:05 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: ffingers

cat....+1 on everything except the YANKEES??? oh geez....you lost like 5 pts. in my book...LOL....j/k..

hey i meant to pm you, where abouts you ride...i am in downtown, like around UIC...but i used to live in Hoffman Estates and my in-laws in Mt.Prospect...wondering if you go for nice "lengthy fun rides" and if so where....i am getting sick of just highway travel and downtown travel....pm me sometime....
haha i was born in brooklyn, so naturally, i bleed pinstripes...for sure ill pm you or vice versa, my bikes outta commision right now (need new tires BAD)

Old 08-03-2007, 07:47 PM
Retired Moderator

Boston has it made...you f_uckers! Randy Moss, Kevin Garnett, Eric Gagne...and Dice-K?!?! I am also a Yankees fan and here's to another 8o+ years until your next world series title [sm=badbadbad.gif]...

Anyway, I am also a Laker fan (I was born in LA so I have a birth rite), and I am a Niner fan (since I was in middle school). Niners are the media darlings this year. We'll see if they can play worth a ****!

Quick Reply: Any big Baseball or Football fans here?