Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

any animal lovers

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2007, 01:02 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default any animal lovers

to any one who loves animals this would be very said so i am asking everyone to fill out the action form.
https://secure2.convio.net/dow/site/...pw671.app27 a
thanks[/align]

Old 01-31-2007, 02:06 AM
Default RE: any animal lovers

comon evrybody lets help save the wolves there cool animals

Old 01-31-2007, 02:33 AM

did my part

Old 01-31-2007, 04:28 AM

OK, just my 02 sure to not wim any popularity contests. The US Fish and Wildlife services determine through feild research what healthy numbers of a given species should be at given the range of habitat for the area. Even though they are "Cute" I am sure you wouldn't want them prowling your neighborhood (bears and cougars anyone?) So....there is no Eradication program. It is no-ones intent to erradicate this species, but to control the projected population. Wolves were put on the endangered species list for very good reason, and through work and habitiat restoration and education, they have made a significant comeback, and as such, to maintain those ideal numbers, they must be controlled. Controled, means hunting seasons. Sorry, but you can't have Mrs. Wolf breeding at will without the species as a whole being controlled and thier number kept in check. Just like you can't have deer breeding with no control, what you get is an overpopulated species of thin, underfed, disease stricken deer rather than a healthy population, and this is of course controlled through regulation of hunting. A hiunting season on wolves is not a free pass for joe blow to blast at will, but most likely to be a lotto type systenm that generates monies into the system that supports and issues the tags to hunters for the species mentioned. Simply put, no species can be let run amok, wolves included, hey, they gota eat too, and I don't see any wolf petting zoo opening anytime soon. So, they must be controlled. The same folks that scream "SAVE THE WOLVES!" allot of times are the same folks that welcome a new shopping mall being built, slowly eroding habitat. Not saying that the originator of this post is like that, but I have seen many that are. What many of you may or may not know, is that sportsman "hunters" put an incredible ammount of money into the state and federal government to support not only the hunting, but more importantly wildlife management. Think of all the gun sales, hunting and license sales, ammo sales, permits and application fees. It's beyond the millions that these guys and gals are pouring into wildlife. I myself am an avid hunter, myself and my boys in the past year have built over a dozen nesting boxes enabling waterfowl to breed and raise thier young free from predators, dontated over 100+ hours of wetlands conservation hours in the field, supported fundraisers for hunter education, Ducks unlimmited, Pheasants forever, Hunt Fair Chase, and the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation and the Make a Wish Foundation. IMO this whole save the wolves bit is a bunch of leftist uneducated garble, they simply do not know what everything entails, they just want to do some good, and kudos to them, but they don't see the whole picture. We build up a species, then protect them, mostly from sportsmans money, then gripe about a management plan. And we wonder why we have bears roaming the streets and cougars on public trails. As you might guess, I am a hunter. You might perhaps dissagree with me and thats fine and well, but if you eat any animal product, wear make-up, lotion, cologne, aftershave, take medicine or wear leather, I don't want to hear it as allof those have been through animal testing at some point. Is a deer or elk so much more majestic and beautiful than a cow as they deserve not to die?? Not to me, they all taste good on my table.

Old 01-31-2007, 02:21 PM

+1 ^ go Shocktroop. Animals need to be managed and that is the point of the USFWS. Wolves inthose regions have recovered sufficiently to be delisted. If and when they start doing hunting for them there will be much more $$$$ generated for conservation of the wolves than if they are they and nobody can do anything with them. If they are allowed to be hunted they will have a value to ranchers, hunters, outfitters and the like for trophy fees. This is the best thing that can happen to the wolves.

Old 01-31-2007, 03:01 PM

More than+ 1 Shocktroop! As an avid animal lover, I am also an avid hunter. Nothing hurts me more than to see anyanimals suffer, due to disease and starvation, caused by overcrowding and lack of habitat. Habitat and food sourcesthat is lost to the acreage used bymalls, industry, housing developments, golf courses, etc.

Old 01-31-2007, 03:09 PM

done,

Old 01-31-2007, 08:50 PM

Save animals, they are better than most people....

Old 01-31-2007, 09:35 PM

+1 on what pitsv.... said!!

Old 02-02-2007, 03:26 PM

avid hunter from a family that lived off of the land during tough times when i was a kid. hunting that is governed at the state or federal level is beneficial and necessary to the longevity of wildlife and they taste good.

Quick Reply: any animal lovers