Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Another School Shooting

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2008, 04:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Another School Shooting

ORIGINAL: Gibson19

Even if I had gun I would be incredibly hesistant as to shooting the other person...
Have someone shoot a bullet across your a$$ and see how hesistant you'll be .

All for carry on schools and malls. No banks or Federal Buildings.

P.S. Keep the age at 21 and make it da*n hard to get the cwp (I think an accuracy test should be included in the process).

P.S.S ... Im 10mins down the road from Virginia Tech and my brother and close friend were in the building next to the incident. Ex-gf was 1 floor up in the building.

Old 02-15-2008, 05:31 PM

ORIGINAL: crashkhanman

Even if I had gun I would be incredibly hesistant as to shooting the other person...

P.S. Keep the age at 21 and make it da*n hard to get the cwp (I think an accuracy test should be included in the process).

P.S.S ... Im 10mins down the road from Virginia Tech and my brother and close friend were in the building next to the incident. Ex-gf was 1 floor up in the building.
i dont know how it is in other states but in oklahoma we have to qualify on the range to get a CWP

Old 02-15-2008, 05:58 PM

ORIGINAL: crashkhanman

+1000
i only own 2 handguns, and an ar-15, and if a ban was instated, it would SERIOUSLY concern me..

i see no point whatsoever restricting firearm ownership based on where you live,your economic status, your race, or what have you. good people are in all different situations in life and all deserve the capabilityto protect themselves and their communities. we carry a handgun because we can't carry a cop. the port of south louisiana is the largest western hemisphere and illegal guns, class 3 automatic and all are insanely easy to come by. i can guarantee you that any ban on firearms will do no harm to anyone but honest citizens of this town.

(side story)twice in my life (both before i was 18)i lucked out of mugging attempts with my life intact. once at knifepoint, where the only reason i got away was a passer-by shouting and the guy took off.and a little more than a year later i had a gun pulled on me and without thinking i dropped into "run like hell mode", and was shot in the left thigh as i was turning to run. my ccw permit,glock 23, and10k rounds of practiceare among my most cherished posessions.

if you give me a reasonable fear for the lives of those around me, or my own, i will shoot until the threat is gone.

Old 02-15-2008, 05:59 PM

ORIGINAL: OKIEZAC

i dont know how it is in other states but in oklahoma we have to qualify on the range to get a CWP
here too

Old 02-15-2008, 06:02 PM

Alright, everyone, I found this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4IoUbdtnCs&NR=1

And I signed up at their website:

http://concealedcampus.org/

I agree with crash and hassell.

Old 02-15-2008, 07:25 PM

ORIGINAL: fishfryer527

I have a few guns, but really I wouldn't mind if guns were banned.

I keep a 9-iron near my bed and if there was a break-in I really wouldprefer to bludgen someone to death rather than shoot them. But I tend to be a bit old fashioned when it comes to things.

The problem may be that guns are really just too cheap. Put a $1000 tax on guns and the demand will fall. In turn the gun manufacturerswill only make guns for those that aren't taxed (military and police) and many models of guns will simply not be made anymore. Illegal guns coming from outside the countrywould really suffer the same fate because many of the guns that are smuggled in can also be purchased through regular channels as legal imports, but without the legal demand (due to the massive tax), the unit cost of production will go up dramatically and therefore out of the price range of many people. Problem solved again.

Somehow the government heavily taxes the gasolinewe need to drive to work, but only has a basic sales tax on a handgun whose only true function is to kill people. Sounds a little strangeright?

The solution isn't perfect, but it would impact the ease of which to purchase a gun as well as its affordability around the globe. We may have the right to bear arms, but the constitution doesn't say the government can't tax the **** out of something either.
WOW! Just WOW! That is the most ignorant post I've ever read about gun control. Criminals don't legally buy firearms so why do you think a tax on something they don't buy will work? How much do you really know about guns that are illegally imported into this country? That is the biggest bunch of bull**** I've ever heard. The problem is, people dreaming up BS like this and spreading it to other people who spread it to other people who don't have a clue.. Utter nonsence! This county doesn't smuggle in firearms. We smuggle in drugs, illegals, and terrorist. we smuggle out firearms and money. Take it from me, I work for a sea port and work closely with U.S. Customs.
Do you think people are just going to start loving each other if you ban or "tax" them, LOL. On 911 over three thousand people were killed and not even one firearm was used. Which goes to show you, that if someone wants to kill they don't need any firearm. People target schools and such because they know people are unarmed. Think about it, how many times have you heard of a person busting into a police station and shooting a bunch of cops? Why you ask? because they got guns! And gun free zones, bah! If i'm setting out to shoot folks and I see a sign stating, "no guns", do you think I'm just going to say, "shucks, I cant shoot these peeps because I'm not supposed to carry in here. I think everyone should carry, people think twice about f u c king with armed peeps.

Old 02-15-2008, 08:58 PM
Retired Moderator

I think that these kinds of horribleincidents occur for reasons other than simplyowning firearms. Part of me feels that those that have this kind of f_cked up mentality have seen other people succeed in their plans, and realize they can do the same. I can't remember the last time that the "shooter" was caught alive. It always seems that they take their own lives in the end. There is a blueprint that is perpetuated by media coverage. So what is the solution? I don't know. An individual can buy a firearm if they want one. I own two, legally, but I bet I could buy whatever I want illegally...even in the small town I live in. It seems that many of the youth that perpetuate these crimes, have parents that were clueless. Should the parents be held accountable? There is just no way to police every occurrence. Very tragic news...prayers to the families...

Old 02-16-2008, 04:50 AM
Banned

This county doesn't smuggle in firearms.
Great. So most guns are made in our factories or imported legally, so our workers make these inexpensive little killing machines that are available to homicidal maniacs to kill our friends and family whenever someone has a bad day. Easy enough.

I will assume that many guns that can be bought cheaply on the street are stolen. The number of guns that would be available for theft would be lower since people wouldn't buy as many.Even legally sold used guns or guns that weren't stolen would become MUCH more expensive since their new value/replacement cost would now include the $1000 tax.

The math is easy to figure out. Higher prices, lower demand, lower production, lower ownership,lower theft.

Only high end guns or military/police will be economically profitable to produce, and only serious/responsible gun owners will buy them or own more than one. And trust me, if a $300 gun is now worth $1300 it is less likely not to be locked up and kept out the hands of your son's crack head buddy that would steal it out of your nightstand to get high. Maybe instead of owning 6 guns that could be stolen you would only own one.

Maybe bolt action hunting rifles would be exempt from this tax or black powder guns. You are letting your love for guns get in the way of simple logic.

It is obvious that too many innocent people's lives are ruined by the misuse of guns by crazy people. Since this is America and crazy people have more rights that sane people, this trend will continue because people love owning guns more than they love the safety of their neighbors.

Like I said, I have guns, I have owned guns for almost 20 years,I just don't think they should be so cheap to buy and accessible to every person.

Old 02-16-2008, 06:48 AM

ORIGINAL: fishfryer527

This county doesn't smuggle in firearms.
Great. So most guns are made in our factories or imported legally, so our workers make these inexpensive little killing machines that are available to homicidal maniacs to kill our friends and family whenever someone has a bad day. Easy enough.

I will assume that many guns that can be bought cheaply on the street are stolen. The number of guns that would be available for theft would be lower since people wouldn't buy as many.Even legally sold used guns or guns that weren't stolen would become MUCH more expensive since their new value/replacement cost would now include the $1000 tax.

The math is easy to figure out. Higher prices, lower demand, lower production, lower ownership,lower theft.

Only high end guns or military/police will be economically profitable to produce, and only serious/responsible gun owners will buy them or own more than one. And trust me, if a $300 gun is now worth $1300 it is less likely not to be locked up and kept out the hands of your son's crack head buddy that would steal it out of your nightstand to get high. Maybe instead of owning 6 guns that could be stolen you would only own one.

Maybe bolt action hunting rifles would be exempt from this tax or black powder guns. You are letting your love for guns get in the way of simple logic.

It is obvious that too many innocent people's lives are ruined by the misuse of guns by crazy people. Since this is America and crazy people have more rights that sane people, this trend will continue because people love owning guns more than they love the safety of their neighbors.

Like I said, I have guns, I have owned guns for almost 20 years,I just don't think they should be so cheap to buy and accessible to every person.

Your "tax" on guns would only work on guns that would be sold after the tax would be instated. What about the already billions that are already out there? You would just make it hard for working class people to protect their families. Then guns would become a luxury, only for people with money. With all the terrorist, MS-13, and all the other illegals invading this country and not to mention all the dip ****s going on shooting rampages it just blows my mind how people can say taking guns away from honest law abidding citizens is the answer. Theres way more innocent lives ruined by automobiles or even motor cycles than firearms, I guess you think a fat tax will be the answer for that too?

Old 02-16-2008, 07:25 AM
Banned

You would just make it hard for working class people to protect their families.
http://www.neahin.org/programs/schoo...statistics.htm

Some choice statistics.

Every day, more than 80 Americans die from gun violence. In one year, firearms killed no children in Japan, 19 in Great Britain.

Studies show that 1 percent of gun stores sell the weapons traced to 57 percent of gun crimes.

Terrorists have purchased firearms at gun shows, where unlicensed sellers are not currently required to conduct background checks or to ask for identification.

Based on FBI data, nearly 1.7 million guns have been reported stolen in the past ten years, and only 40% of those were recovered. The missing guns, over 80% of which are taken from homes or cars, most likely fuel the black market for criminals.

Between 1979 and 2001, gunfire killed 90,000 children and teens in America.

I NEVER SAID THAT AMERICANS SHOULD NOT OWN GUNS. All I said was that they shouldn't be so cheap and available.

Americans use firearms to defend themselves from criminals at least 764,000 times a year. This figure is the lowest among a group of 9 nationwide surveys done by organizations including Gallup and the Los Angeles Times.

In 1982, a survey of imprisoned criminals found that 34% of them had been "scared off, shot at, wounded or captured by an armed victim."

Quick Reply: Another School Shooting