Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Another School Shooting

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2008, 12:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Another School Shooting

I'm not sure whats all involved in a concealed weapons permit... but to the "responsiblity" to take down a down another man is not something that should be taken lightly... Even if I had gun I would be incredibly hesistant as to shooting the other person...

I think if guns were allowed in shools and malls more people would try to be heros and end up doing something stupid... I think the campus security should be the only ones with guns... unfortunately they can't always be at the crime scene soon enough

Old 02-15-2008, 01:06 PM

I think we should be allowed to carry swords.

Old 02-15-2008, 01:29 PM

That makes sense Redz

Old 02-15-2008, 01:41 PM

Personally I think that a no carry policy at schools is best. I generally support the carry/ownership of firearms, in fact it is quite important to me; but when I think logically about trying to control a situation like that on a campus I think being able to single out the threat in such a large area/number of people is the best option. Also take into account I know that the response time on my university would be fairly short; we have a minimum of two armed security guards on partol during the day and a relatively small campus.

Old 02-15-2008, 01:46 PM

whos to say that the ones carrying a cwp wont be the next one to shoot up a school??

Old 02-15-2008, 01:53 PM
Banned

I have a few guns, but really I wouldn't mind if guns were banned.

I keep a 9-iron near my bed and if there was a break-in I really wouldprefer to bludgen someone to death rather than shoot them. But I tend to be a bit old fashioned when it comes to things.

The problem may be that guns are really just too cheap. Put a $1000 tax on guns and the demand will fall. In turn the gun manufacturerswill only make guns for those that aren't taxed (military and police) and many models of guns will simply not be made anymore. Illegal guns coming from outside the countrywould really suffer the same fate because many of the guns that are smuggled in can also be purchased through regular channels as legal imports, but without the legal demand (due to the massive tax), the unit cost of production will go up dramatically and therefore out of the price range of many people. Problem solved again.

Somehow the government heavily taxes the gasolinewe need to drive to work, but only has a basic sales tax on a handgun whose only true function is to kill people. Sounds a little strangeright?

The solution isn't perfect, but it would impact the ease of which to purchase a gun as well as its affordability around the globe. We may have the right to bear arms, but the constitution doesn't say the government can't tax the **** out of something either.

Old 02-15-2008, 02:13 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i dont even know what to think about it...if someones crazy enough, they'll find a way to do harm to people, whether guns are banned, or whatever...NIU is pretty close to home for me, i have alotta friends who go there (thank God none of them were hurt), and i was thinking of transferring there myself...

Old 02-15-2008, 02:25 PM

ORIGINAL: NY Erion929

whos to say that the ones carrying a cwp wont be the next one to shoot up a school??

Absolutely nothing, but I'd like the ability to defend my life if such a situation ever arose or have someone close by who can do something immediately.

Old 02-15-2008, 02:31 PM

I don't really believe in the weapons tax at all. There are enough guns in this country to keep crime rolling for decades. All that would do is hurt the majority of gun owners...hunters.

So far from what I see, most of the violent crimes that involve guns always happen in a city...big ones! I'm a proud owner of many guns and I can only use them in the country, I'd hate to see some kind of restrictions on my rights due to people taking a scattered patch-up law restricting guns from all citizens.

What we really need is people to come out from there caves and socialize more openly and be better people in general. I bet that if any of these shooters had someone to there to be a friend that they would have never gone so far to get attention as to kill a bunch of innocent people.

Old 02-15-2008, 03:18 PM

ORIGINAL: Nauree

I think we should be allowed to carry swords.
i keep a sword in my pants at all times.....its not my fault you guys all got pocket knives......

seriously though, i think if you go through the extremely lengthy process to get a CWP then you should be able to carry anywhere.

Quick Reply: Another School Shooting