Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Another RIP thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2008, 09:58 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Another RIP thread

This idiot decided on his own method of destruction and as far as I*m concerned I won*t shed a tear for him. I do feel bad for his family and friends that are having to deal with the aftermath though, I*m sure it*s a horrible time for all of them. This is a couple miles from me. I ride that road home everyday from work and saw the police and emergency response people. I didn*t know it was a rider.

http://www.kvue.com/news/local/stori...h.50fe00d.html

Investigators say a motorcyclist killed after he lost control in Round Rock Wednesday may have been traveling over 100 miles per hour.

Police had received calls about a reckless motorcyclist on Highway 45 Wednesday afternoon. Callers told police the motorcyclist was weaving in and out of traffic.

Authorities say the cyclist identified as Carl Andrew-p Libby, 25, of Round Rock lost control and crashed into an iron fence around an apartment complex on Louis Henna Blvd. near A.W. Grimes.

Police say they believe the motorcyclist*s speed was "well into the triple digits."

According to police, the motorcycle had been purchased in the last month and the operator did not have a license to operate a motorcycle. Police also believe the helmet found at the scene was not on the victim*s head, but instead, attached to the bike.

Old 11-27-2008, 10:00 AM
Jan 2009 ROTM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Another RIP thread

Still a shame to hear though.

Old 11-27-2008, 10:08 AM

it makes my blood boil to see people riding around with their helmets being used as frame sliders. sure you're dead, but man, your helmet totally saved your fairing on that lowside!

Old 11-27-2008, 10:14 AM

ORIGINAL: TK954RR

Still a shame to hear though.
I guess I'm a cold, heartless bastard because I think the guy was being selfish as well as moronic by riding like a fool without considering the effects on people that care about him. He earned the right to be dead pulling that ****. The outcome is pretty much predetermined at that point.

Had he been killed while riding in a responsible manner then I would be expression my condolences to him and his family.

Old 11-27-2008, 10:15 AM

good riddance, sorry for his family, but hes a dumbass and if you play with the bull your going to get the horn. Its a shame he didn't survive so he could live with the pain of all the broken bones and road rash, he would have rethought is discisions at that point

Old 11-27-2008, 10:21 AM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

The loss of a human life even through stupidity and being a dumbass is still a loss ... we may not have ever done anything as stupid but I bet one or two here have done the odd mad thing when younger, me included .. he who is without sin cast the first stone, I understand a lack of sympathy but its tragic however you look at it

Jules

Old 11-27-2008, 10:25 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

It's never good to lose a rider, whether he was riding like a numbnut or not.
What gets me is that the rest of us get a bad rep by default, and that's not what we need.
All the good works, donations, toys for kids, raising money etc goes down the toilet because of the actions of a few irresponsible morons.
I grieve for his family and friends - for him, no, just sadness at a wasted life.

Old 11-27-2008, 10:34 AM
Jan 2009 ROTM

I see your point of view X and you are certainly entitled to it. There are instances where i agree, and that i dont feel pity at all. I just dont think you can judge without knowing all the circumstances. Odds are you are correct, and he was just being stupid, but as Jules said almost all of us have at some point. Then again perhaps he just got a phone call that his wife was in an accident, or his brother was in an accident, etc. etc. That does not mean he didnt still make a bad choice, but i think if you dont know, you cant judge fairly.

Old 11-27-2008, 10:36 AM

Oh but I can, like I said. I ride that road every day and I see these fools. I get the shaft riding responsibly because we're all lumped into a group by the general public. This makes it worse. The fence he hit is 100 feet off of the road and there is nothing else in the way. He rode to his own demise when he didn't have to.

Old 11-27-2008, 12:12 PM

R.I.P. Carl even if you thought your bike was a x-box game...

Quick Reply: Another RIP thread