CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://cbrforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   Another rider down. (https://cbrforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/another-rider-down-33276/)

Hoosier1104 03-14-2007 05:51 PM

RE: Another rider down.

Being military in a deployed war zone, we get our salary tax free. I think this young soldier went out and bought his bike with the money he made while he was deployed.

jjkukla 03-14-2007 06:04 PM

ORIGINAL: Hoosier1104
What makes it worse was that he was 21 and a military member out of El Paso.
OK, so what exactly makes it "worse" because he was 21 and military? As if someone whois NOT military isLESS important? I'm not trying to be heartless but I don't think his life is more valuable than anyone elses life.

Sorry but I just don'tunderstand your reasoning there Hoosier.

Hoosier1104 03-14-2007 06:21 PM

Please do not take this as a personal attack but until you raise your right hand to defend the constitution(sp) and our country, you will not understand. We put our lives on the line everyday when we are deployed. So when a member of the Armed Services dies due to being stupid, which what he did was stupid, it is a not a good day. What I meant by "worse" was that he just begun to live. Dieing at the age of 21 is way too young.

It also portrays a badpicture for those of us who ride sportbikes in the military. Members on cruisers are never put on the news but when a sportbike goes down it gives us a bad picture. In the military there are 2 classes of bikes cruisers and sportbike aka crock rockets. All the cruisers get areally good picture portrayedbut all sportbike riders have gas tanks for brains and gasoline in our blood that are in the military.

I would like to apologize to anyone that may read this and disagree.

SrA Carlton, USAF

jjkukla 03-14-2007 07:22 PM

I have a tremendous amount of respect for what our soldiers do and when one of them gets killed in combat then yes, I agree with you, it's not a good day. Like you said, when someone, anyone, does something stupid or even gets killed in honest-to-goodness "accident" then it's just a flat out shame. It happens. But I wouldn't classify it as "worse" because of his occupation - he didn't die on the job. And does the fact that he was 21 matter? Maybe a bit. But it's not like he was 16... he knew (or should have known) the danger involved in riding a bike. Or did he think that since he made it out of Iraq alive that he was invincible? Who knows? Not me.

Please don't misconstrue my comments here. I do feel bad that this guy lost his life - it doesn't matter to me if it was due to accident,drive by, natural cause, etc. And it certainly doesn't matter to me what he did for a living... a lost life is a lost life.

And no I didn't take your comments as a "personal attack" (so I hope you don't take mine that way). But just because I've never worn a uniform in the armed services doesn't make me less of an American or less likely to defend Her if I had to. I come from a military family so I know more than you think I might. My Dad, God rest his soul, was a Vietnam veteran so there was plenty I learned from him. One of the things he taught me was to respect my country, its flag and its defenders.

That is also why I am joining the Patriot Guard this year. Just another way to show my appreciation...

roki530i 03-14-2007 07:28 PM

ORIGINAL: bmg velocity

It's always sad when a fellow rider dies...especially an experienced and good rider...who is dressed properly...but say gets rear-ended at a
stop light by some dumb b**** who was yacking away on her cell phone and didn't see the light was red.
(Which ought to be a manslaughter charge at least....but is usually..."driver was cited for failing to stop at a signal". End of story.)

^^ +10000000 poor kid around 20's just died because of that last week he was wearing gear but when your at a red light and some idiot in a pickup is still going around 30 not much gear can do for you.

snakevenom1 03-16-2007 03:17 PM

RIP, all fellow bikers. Be safe and strap it up.