Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Another one bites the dust, be careful people... please read

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2006, 11:41 PM
Ironmang
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Another one bites the dust, be careful people... please read

http://soflasportbikes.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=3880
^^^ click for full story ^^^

This is the one post I was hoping I would never have to make, but unfortunately it looks like I do. Last friday the 10th, there was a motorcycle accident not far from my house. In fact it was on the same road as the intersection that I live on, less than 2 miles away from me. One of our local forum members posted that he saw a black and silver CBR down at an intersection, said it looked like somebody turned left in front of the bike and they collided. At the time nobody knew who it was, we all just hoped it was nobody from our rather small, but very close and tight knit local forum. Well we got the news last night (13th), that it was indeed one of our own members, and sad to say he didn't make it. It was my buddy Omar, known on our forum as "bad *** rr". He was one of the nicest people you could meet, and a very good rider. He had just recently gotten back on his 1000RR after recovering from when a car bumped him off his last bike (car rear ended him while he was making a turn, if I remember right). I've ridden with him and he was always very careful and responsible, never did anything stupid or crazy. In fact just a week ago we were down at Hooters together and he was telling me how he always tried to take it easy while riding on the street, especially here in the city where there's alot of traffic, simply because of his 2 kids at home, he had to make it home in one piece. Unfortunately this time, that wasn't the case. I'm not sure of all the details, but from what I've gathered he was in a head-on collision with a car. Omar lived right across the street from me (literally), and this wreck happened on that same road less than 2 miles away. Just goes to show that it doesn't matter how far you're going, accidents can happen anytime anywhere, so you need to be prepared and wear your gear at all times. BTW he ALWAYS wore full gear at all times, and encouraged everyone else to do the same.

Anyways, here's a few pics taken just days before this happened... (btw I'm standing right next to him in this first pic, in the red/black/white jacket)

Anyways, it hadn't really hit me until tonight. I had read the thread posted on our forum and was in shock, and couldn't believe that would happen to him of all people. Tonight I went to the funeral home for his viewing, and as soon as I walked up and saw him laying there lifeless, it just hit me like a ton of bricks.... he really is gone I'm usually not one to express my emotions, but man after seeing him even I almost lost it a few times. It's not easy seeing somebody laying in a casket, the same person I was just riding with, laughing with, and having a great time with just one week ago. Almost hard to believe it's the same person, that they could just be taken away that fast. I'm still all teared up as I'm typing this, I guess it'll just take a lil while to get over it. What I really feel bad for is his family and 2 little kids he leaves behind. I know how much they meant to him cuz he always talked about them.

RIP Omar Rosa - March 21, 1977 - February 10, 2006. You will be missed [sm=smiley13.gif]

Please note, I'm not posting this to get sympathy, that's totally not my intention, but rather I'm posting this as a reminder that it can happen to any one of us at any time. Omar was the last person I would have expected this to happen to, but it did, and he wasn't far from home when it happened. Everyone on our local forum is very close to each other and we spend alot of time together, so having this happen to one of our members is really a stab in th

Old 02-15-2006, 12:54 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Another one bites the dust, be careful people... please read

My condolences to you and his family...God speed my son.

Old 02-15-2006, 01:03 AM

very very sorry to hear this. condolences to his family...

Old 02-15-2006, 01:05 AM

sorry to hear such news, he sounds like he was a terrific guy. my condolences also, to his familly and you.

Old 02-15-2006, 02:43 AM
Very Honorable Most Senior Member :)
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My condolences to Omar's family and friends. May you all find strength and peace during a trying time.

Old 02-15-2006, 08:25 AM
Retired Administrator

Did that last picture do it for anyone else...

Sorry for the lose of your friend.

Old 02-15-2006, 10:40 AM
Retired Admin

Best wishes for everyone involved. Never easy to lose a loved one!

Old 02-15-2006, 10:49 AM

May he R.I.P. My thoughts and prayers are with you and his family. This is just a reminder to everyone to always wear your gear and ride safe. Be aware of whats going on around you at all times.

Old 02-15-2006, 10:51 AM

ORIGINAL: doncollins

Did that last picture do it for anyone else...

Sorry for the lose of your friend.

Ya that really sucks..... Sorry to hear about your lose.......Best to the family

Old 02-15-2006, 02:52 PM
Rev

man i'm really sorry to hear that....i just crashed 3 months ago..the bike scene now scares me but i love it too much to give it up..just be careful out there...do you know any details like was the driver at fault and stuff..how fast was he going etc etc

Quick Reply: Another one bites the dust, be careful people... please read