Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

another high school shooting

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2007, 01:33 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default another high school shooting

damn what the hell is going on with kids today that they feel all their problems will be solved by killing another human being [:@]http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071010/...chool_shooting

Old 10-10-2007, 01:40 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: another high school shooting

Who knows man, tragic to hear, but I'm glad to not read of any casualties. Was the shooter a student? They didn't really provide many details.

Old 10-10-2007, 01:41 PM

ehhh...at this point its kinda like old news to me. going to high school the same time as Columbine and all them other school shootings went on it kinda makes u less sensitive to something that happens like this. Hate to say it, but at least thats how i feal bout it. Not saying that it isnt tragic and shouldnt be takin seriously but honestly, this ****e happens like everyday now.

Old 10-10-2007, 01:43 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

ORIGINAL: rrasco

Who knows man, tragic to hear, but I'm glad to not read of any casualties. Was the shooter a student? They didn't really provide many details.
well yahoo news only posted it up a few minutes ago so im sure more details will be provided

Old 10-10-2007, 01:44 PM

See guys, I told youthat Cleveland was a great place...

*rings a bell*

Old 10-10-2007, 01:47 PM

three people were shot and the shooter was killed according to what i just read on drudge...

why do people think its ok to go around killing eachother? i can think of a few people i would slap until they're unconcious...but shooting someone? recockulous....

Old 10-10-2007, 02:30 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do you think, that with all the publicity the news media has given to all of these shooting events have given these copycats validation in going through with it? Another words..."you all will regret mistreating me....and the whole world will know about it!"

Old 10-10-2007, 04:17 PM
Retired Moderator

ORIGINAL: woo545

Do you think, that with all the publicity the news media has given to all of these shooting events have given these copycats validation in going through with it? Another words..."you all will regret mistreating me....and the whole world will know about it!"
I've wondered about that, too. It seems like when something is uber-covered on every form of media, it could definately plant a seed in someone's brain that just needs a little more encouragement.

Old 10-10-2007, 06:24 PM

Remember back in the day when moral's were taught, and expected, Or discipline didn't include taking away the kids brand new M3. You have to wonder why some kids are having trouble dealing with it now a days, with such a broad spectrum and the importance put on material things this society has created. Not to make an excuse, but seriously, I remember have cop's roll up on me and my friends when we were like 14, behind a conveinance store late at night. We were just loitering nothing serious, staying out late skateboarding.. such rebels. Any way, I remeber say to the cop, before you call my parent's you better get me behind bars, or your going to witness how a man's size 11 boot, can fit in the *** of a 14 year old. Not to say I was "abused", and I'm terribly sorry for those that legitimatly were, but I will say there was an understanding between my sister and me and our parents.

Hmmm oh right the word is consequences, and the phrase "taking responsibilityfor your actions"

How about the fact that when we grew up generally speaking both parents didn't have to work FULL time, just to make ends meet. Meaning there was always a primary care giver around to enstill good values and such, no kids are pretty much raising themselves.

I dunno, maybe i should change my sign on name to IMO, because it's apparent i always have one

Old 10-10-2007, 08:27 PM

Why do they always have to bring music into school shootings I don't can that he looked like Marilyn Manson.

Quick Reply: another high school shooting