Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Another crash!

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2008, 11:05 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another crash!

I work in Mexico, so I cross the border every day from Texas. In the customs area in Mexico there are always 3 stray dogs that come out to “greet” me every morning when I go through. Normally, I am the first vehicle through customs when the bridge opens at 6:00 AM so the dogs are always sleeping and start chasing me once I go over the last speed bump. This morning one of the customs guys was walking across the street so I went a little slower to let him pass. When I slowed down (10 mph) the dogs caught up to me and one of them was running right next to me. As I started to accelerate one of the dogs crossed right in front of me. There was no time to brake, I hit the dog and then went skidding on the ground. The bike suffered the usual damage to the right side fairing and engine case. I was wearing a Joe Rocket leather CBR jacket, gloves, boots, helmet etc. and only ended up with a few scrapes on my legs and elbow and a sore hip. The guy that I slowed down for to let cross the street kept right on walking.

[IMG]local://upfiles/1690/2E209696EB5146FD95A4FE1DADF1276F.jpg[/IMG]

Old 02-05-2008, 11:08 AM
Retired Moderator
Default RE: Another crash!

That sucks...next time, run that dick over.

Old 02-05-2008, 12:25 PM

fricking dogs... thats messed up man. why do they let stray dogs run around?

Old 02-05-2008, 12:26 PM

how are your taxes effected working in another country and living in the USA? just curious..

Old 02-05-2008, 12:54 PM

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHH

Everyone else is trying to cross from the México side and work in the US and you cross from the US side and work in México. My uncle does this also. He owns a factory in México. For some reason I find this funny.

Old 02-05-2008, 12:57 PM

And sorry to hear about the bike. Most dogs in México will run after the tires on Motorcycles. If this situation happens again, DO NOT try to break. Run the dog over. Sounds cruel but this time you are lucky that only your bike was injured. Do everything possible next time to stay upright. Also, my parents taught me to kick the dogs that used to chase me on my dirtbike, otherwise stuff like this happens.

Old 02-05-2008, 01:08 PM

at least it wasnt a great dane or a newfoundland, you wouldve had to pull ur bike outa the dog whilie hes still barking at you.

~side note~i had a dog that was the size of a rat chase me a block a week ago.

Old 02-05-2008, 02:57 PM

ORIGINAL: demonchild

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHH

Everyone else is trying to cross from the México side and work in the US and you cross from the US side and work in México.
That's pretty funny and true... usually the wagers go own as you move further south to work...

Old 02-05-2008, 05:52 PM

Sorry to hear about your misfortune! Glad you were able to ride away from it.

Where's the frame sliders at?

Old 02-05-2008, 06:15 PM

ORIGINAL: demonchild

Everyone else is trying to cross from the México side and work in the US and you cross from the US side and work in México. My uncle does this also. He owns a factory in México. For some reason I find this funny.
ahhaahah
thats f'in funny. i was gonna say the same crap!! hahaha
freakin puto perro!
every dog has its day!

Quick Reply: Another crash!