Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Another be careful thread...

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2008, 09:42 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Another be careful thread...

After this ride, I really tried to evaluate why I would want my wife and I on rides with so many people. There are so many levels of ability, so much testosterone, and so much to lose. Kewl and I have had at least one conversation onthis topic, and a few riders or solo is the way to go. I am not a good enough leader to ride with so many people. I'll stick to my conservative ways for now, and get home to my family at night. I'll save that "big time" **** for the track (someday)...

Old 06-25-2008, 09:54 PM

Yeah, I'm thinking groups of more than 7 is probably too much, increases risk of 1 person goofing up and then the rest falling like dominos. I usually go solo, or with my brother. Also it's difficult to judge what someone you don't know will do. It's hard enough watching out for cars, rocks, branches / other debris, pedestrians, dogs, cats, deer, bicyclists, whatever.

My wife just saw 2 motorcycle accidents on her way home tonight, and her commute is only 5 miles.

Old 06-25-2008, 10:18 PM

Don't get me wrong, I'll ride with a buddy or two (road trips, 5 days at 500+ miles each day? Hell to the yeah!)...but for the most part, just give me an empty road and one of my sporty-type bikes. That's allI need.

Old 06-25-2008, 10:52 PM
Friend and Hero ...

You are preaching to the choir brother on this one. Always prepare for the worst and hope for the best and remember it can happen to anyone at anytime. There may be those of you who don't remember my own debate with myself over, riding Again after a severe crash and it had nothing to do with skill or lack of nerve
https://cbrforum.com/m_382947/tm.htm

Old 06-26-2008, 03:16 AM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: Raven

As I counter-steered back over the double yellow I caught a glimpse of a terrified automobilist having visions of Athena (my moto) and I in their lap! Now I remember how dangerous my speeding can be. I promise to be safer. Pace, Gris.

What if you weren't aware of counter steering?? ..sounds like you did this quite conscioulsy ..without it you would have relied on instinct and maybe even gotten target fixation ..you almost certainly would have been on the wrong side of the road for longer ... glad you are ok though it must have been a heart stopping moment ...

Take care and slow it down ...

Jules

Old 06-26-2008, 06:35 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Keep in mind, accidents still can happen when doing under the speed limit (me last Friday). So, just because you may be following the law, still remain attentive to the potential threats.