Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

"Anonymous"

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2011, 11:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They took down the playstation network last April, they have hacked visa, mastercard and a few other companies, they are pretty ruthless. But they aren't like Lulzsec which are made up of a bunch of like renegade hackers with no direction, just hack and ruin peoples shyt for no reason.

Old 10-05-2011, 07:35 AM

With the questioning of legitimicy it sounds like the "Group" is divided and not talking/planning. Almost makes me think some young cocky punk made the threat since the "big dogs" were able to take down sony, PSN, visa etc and the "big guys" aren't wanting to touch it.

Old 10-05-2011, 04:52 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, Anonymous is pretty individualistic. It's not unrealistic to think some Anons want to take down NYSE and others don't. LOIC is a bad tool to use, though.

Old 10-06-2011, 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by Mario072
They took down the playstation network last April, they have hacked visa, mastercard and a few other companies, they are pretty ruthless. But they aren't like Lulzsec which are made up of a bunch of like renegade hackers with no direction, just hack and ruin peoples shyt for no reason.
They actually didnt take down the playstation network.. But nice Try..

This Message is a fake that is most likely set up by the government themselves.. it had them planning to use the LOIC that got a lot of people arrested not too long ago.. If anyone from Anon decides to actually go through with this it would be a trap and end up ending badly for them.. And for Anon to do this on a Holiday is just Stupid.. Expect an actual Hack months after this "planned attack" when people forget about it.

Old 10-06-2011, 08:51 PM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

i tried staying out of this thread... but i just can't anymore.

that is f*ckin' stupid. you think crashing the NYSE is a good idea? please tell me you guys don't actually think this is a good idea

do you like being able to buy food? gas? do you think it'll be easier with the demise of the NYSE?

because let me tell you what, with the fall of the NYSE, a whole lot more is going to collapse than just a few rich guys in NYC. if they really claim to be the voice of the people, then they'd look out for the people, and would realize that collapsing the NYSE or hurting it would cause a lot of trouble for everyone in our country

i gotta be honest, i'm getting tired of a bunch of dumb young punks trying to "collapse the system" when they have no idea what they're talking about. you ask them what the problem is - all they can regurgitate is some dumb line like "the system is broken". but thats as far as they can go, and then when asked on what to do to fix it, they haven't a clue.

and to be honest, that letter (which i hope to god is in fact a fake) sounds like more of the clutter that's clogged the news lately. i'm tired of the stupid hipsters... they need to stop trying to start a revolution and go back to reading books, stop being pawns for their college professors - or they could try getting a job for once... but i wouldn't hold my breath

Last edited by Conrice; 10-06-2011 at 09:05 PM.
Old 10-06-2011, 09:05 PM

all anonomous does is ddos attacks, i really doubt they can do too much other than take down a website for a few hours.

Old 10-06-2011, 09:11 PM

its just more of the same...

stirring sh*t up for the sake of stirring sh*t up doesn't solve or do anything other than make things worse. thats all it could ever do... so why do it?

just like all those kids at occupy wallstreet. reading that message that the OP quoted from this cyber hacking group sounds like more of the mindless nonsense thats been coming out of all these hipsters lately...

and then to hide behind it and say "but we're for the people" and "lets start a revolution" when they have no idea what EITHER of those statements mean is so idiotic.

they don't know what the problem is, they don't know what the solution is, so they should just stay home.

Old 10-06-2011, 09:22 PM

did you see the "organized" protests they tried at sony style stores? haha i wouldnt take any threats of their very seriously. Script kiddies wanting attention while wanting to stay anonomous, doesnt really work that way.

Old 10-06-2011, 10:56 PM

Again guys they did not write this message. Someone else did.. Anon came out and said they have no plans on doing it.. You guys underestimate Anon a little too much..
Anon isnt a bunch of hipsters..
And do you really think if NYSE was down for a day it would cause that much damage to the country? Let me remind you of 9/11/01... NYSE closed for the day... Nothing happened to any of the things your listing...

Old 10-07-2011, 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by Dfbewley2
Again guys they did not write this message. Someone else did.. Anon came out and said they have no plans on doing it.. You guys underestimate Anon a little too much..
Anon isnt a bunch of hipsters..
And do you really think if NYSE was down for a day it would cause that much damage to the country? Let me remind you of 9/11/01... NYSE closed for the day... Nothing happened to any of the things your listing...
actually i do.

times and things are much different now than they were in 2001. sure, we had already hit the tech bubble, but we are in a much different situation now.

and, there was a lot of wealth that was lost in the stock market because of 9/11 (not to the NYSE big wigs that anon wants to attack, but to the general public). look it up if you don't believe me

and yes, there would be a drop in the stock market. not just the NYSE, all the markets around the world (like 9/11, the euro markets took a huge hit too ). its all because of investor confidence. if you have the NYSE hacked, believe, that will not do well for investor confidence.

our economy is on life support right now.

then add to the fact that china, russia, and other countries want to take the world off the dollar standard because of volatility, weak markets, the debt of our gov't, and the fact we're printing so much --- and if you add to that the most secure securities exchanged getting hacked, they easily could help them convince the others that havent yet wanted to change standards (you think the rest of europe would still be attached to the dollar standard after they lose more wealth after this lil attack?)

and if that were to happen, you bet that the fed would devalue the dollar (because of all of our debt), and then i assure you, gas would go through the roof. riots would set it in. and everything we buy on a daily basis would be a lot harder to get.

it wouldn't be doomsday for every single person in america, but you bet that things would change, and change big, and not in a good way.

so yes, even another lil hacker (terrorist IMHO) attack on the NYSE would cause a whole lot more damage than just it being shut down for a day. and it would 'hurt' the people (like joe schmoe who has some cash in the market or still has a 401k) more than the big wigs that anonymous is after - because you're right - they'd practically have the day off, whereas everyone else just loses money.

even if none of that other stuff happens, believe me, the markets will still go down, and the public will lose more their money, and the big wigs (because of washingtons laws) will not be harmed. - which is why i say these dumb *** punks don't have a clue what they're doing. they think they're bringing down the system, but in actuality, they're just hurting the general public.

Quick Reply: "Anonymous"