Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Angry Male drivers

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2013, 02:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by boredandstroked
Start riding with a gun on your hip. People stop doing stupid angry things when they know you can fight back.
Or it might make you a target yourself.
Plus, if someone in a cage 'taps' you on the bike whilst you are in motion, you will be too busy trying to keep from crashing to draw your weapon.
I'm also thinking that drawing your weapon whilst the bike is still in motion will rarely end well.

That said, I'm otherwise all for being armed. You just gotta be smart about it...concealed carry or not.

Old 03-02-2013, 01:21 PM
Party Animal, ROTM June 2014

So, how do people conceal carry while riding? I have an inside the pants holster, but I would be worried if I went down with this on. I am considering an under arm holster for carry while I ride.

Thoughts? And sorry for the thread jack...

Old 03-02-2013, 01:33 PM
June 2013 ROTM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So I jump to the second page of this thread called 'Angry Male Drivers' and I see people talking about carrying weapons riding... really guys?

Old 03-12-2013, 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by CorruptFile
So I jump to the second page of this thread called 'Angry Male Drivers' and I see people talking about carrying weapons riding... really guys?
An armed society is a polite society.

Old 03-13-2013, 10:28 AM

I really don't think it should be surprising to see people talking about carrying while doing anything. We live in a crazy world. A world where reality is more bizarre, more unpredictable, heinous and cruel than fantasy. Think about it. I've been following several news stations facebook pages from several states. Some of the things I see people do. People who have no history of anything, go off and chew someone's face off, drown their baby, shoot innocent people. What people forget is how unpredictably dangerous their neighborhood is. Until they're reminded when something happens close to home. THEN the thought of carrying for protection crosses their minds. I am a peace loving person. Never shot anything beyond a BB gun before and i've been physically attacked AND shot at by a group of complete strangers, just for walking down the street. I also have 2 or 3 family members who've been the innocent victims of gunshot wounds. No, I don't live in a particularly bad city or area. It's about as average as it gets. So please, don't get surprised when you see someone talking about carrying while doing anything. We live in a very volitile and unpredictable world. If you see the news, you will know this.

Old 03-13-2013, 11:05 AM
June 2013 ROTM

Originally Posted by Inferno_Libtech
An armed society is a polite society.
English people are very polite as well...

Originally Posted by outsider
I really don't think it should be surprising to see people talking about carrying while doing anything. We live in a crazy world. A world where reality is more bizarre, more unpredictable, heinous and cruel than fantasy. Think about it. I've been following several news stations facebook pages from several states. Some of the things I see people do. People who have no history of anything, go off and chew someone's face off, drown their baby, shoot innocent people. What people forget is how unpredictably dangerous their neighborhood is. Until they're reminded when something happens close to home. THEN the thought of carrying for protection crosses their minds. I am a peace loving person. Never shot anything beyond a BB gun before and i've been physically attacked AND shot at by a group of complete strangers, just for walking down the street. I also have 2 or 3 family members who've been the innocent victims of gunshot wounds. No, I don't live in a particularly bad city or area. It's about as average as it gets. So please, don't get surprised when you see someone talking about carrying while doing anything. We live in a very volitile and unpredictable world. If you see the news, you will know this.
WE don't live in a crazy world. Sure - stuff happens all over the world that makes you shake your head. The world is changing fast than it ever has before and we can't adapt. My point of my original post was I don't think operating a motor-vehicle is a great place to carry a weapon too. Too many people feel so powerful in their vehicle.

Next time you see a guy giving you the stink eye, instead of brandishing a weapon, why not just back off?

Old 03-14-2013, 02:08 AM
Party Animal, ROTM June 2014

Looks like RAM is filling a market demand....

Old 03-14-2013, 03:04 AM

Originally Posted by vfrman
Looks like RAM is filling a market demand....
hahaha! that's awesome. i think a gun is a bit extreme. i paintball gun or something along those lines would be great to shoe those cagers away ;D i prefer to drive around them :P

Old 03-14-2013, 07:49 AM

English people are very polite as well...
Kinda hard not to be polite when you have a nanny government and cameras on every ****ing street corner.

WE don't live in a crazy world. Sure - stuff happens all over the world that makes you shake your head. The world is changing fast than it ever has before and we can't adapt. My point of my original post was I don't think operating a motor-vehicle is a great place to carry a weapon too. Too many people feel so powerful in their vehicle.
I don't carry a weapon because I think it enables me to act like a douche. I carry a weapon for defense only; ever heard of carjacking and ATM muggings?
I'm not about to draw a weapon because someone cuts me off. If I feel the need to retaliate towards someone cutting me off, I'll do it in a less violent manner.
You can get arrested and put in jail for brandishing a firearm for no reason (i.e. your life wasn't threatened).

Next time you see a guy giving you the stink eye, instead of brandishing a weapon, why not just back off?
You go ahead and back off, Ghandi. The rest of us will stand up for ourselves by whatever means the situation necessitates.

It's like my father told me about bullies way back in the day. "If they know you will fight (stand up for yourself), they will leave you alone."
Bullies like that will continue to do whatever they do to others that do not stand up for themselves.

Old 03-14-2013, 09:04 AM
June 2013 ROTM

Originally Posted by Sportbike_Mike
Kinda hard not to be polite when you have a nanny government and cameras on every ****ing street corner.
that doesn't make sence. Canada doesn't have CCTV, and we seem to be liked nearly everywhere in the world...

I don't carry a weapon because I think it enables me to act like a douche. I carry a weapon for defense only; ever heard of carjacking and ATM muggings?
I'm not about to draw a weapon because someone cuts me off. If I feel the need to retaliate towards someone cutting me off, I'll do it in a less violent manner.
You can get arrested and put in jail for brandishing a firearm for no reason (i.e. your life wasn't threatened).
Good. This was kind of my original point.
You go ahead and back off, Ghandi. The rest of us will stand up for ourselves by whatever means the situation necessitates.

It's like my father told me about bullies way back in the day. "If they know you will fight (stand up for yourself), they will leave you alone."
Bullies like that will continue to do whatever they do to others that do not stand up for themselves.
Name calling and whining about bullies? Okay... Really, when you are out on a bike surrounded by cars with potential 'bullies' behind the wheel, you have already brought a knife to a gun fight, no matter if you do have a gun.

I am not all about gun-control. I have the highest level of firearms licence that is normally available to civilians in canada. I own firearms. I hunt and have shot firearms at the range. The point to all this was I don't think the road is the place for firearms.

Quick Reply: Angry Male drivers