Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Android vs. iphone whats your opinion

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2011, 03:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Android vs. iphone whats your opinion

Im currently a android user and i feel like everyone that ownes a iphone look down at us android users.

I dont feel or think there any better tho. i acually know that some android phones are better then iphones when looking at specs. proc speed, ram, ect. I feel iphone users are also apple supporters in everything else. Like its some kind of social group.But thats just my opinion. Whats your guys opinion on android people vs. iphone people (lets keep it nice )

Old 08-18-2011, 03:52 PM
October 2011 ROTM

Simple. ANDROID FTMFW!!!!!!!!!!! My buddy who is a very techy person and was always had iphones will preach Androids because of how superior they are and will be getting one after his contract is up. Have the Droid X2 myself and love it. Will NEVER get a iphone.

Old 08-18-2011, 04:36 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Android. In the mobile market, Apple isn't innovative at all. They aim for refinement... often to the point what they refined has become obsolete. MMS messaging and multitasking are good examples. And the lack of innovation is starting to bleed into their business practices. Instead of attempting to create something, they're using litigation and marketing to attempt to keep their market share.

I like to be on the bleeding edge of technology. The iPhone will never be there.

Old 08-18-2011, 07:57 PM

In my mind the Debate shouldnt be ANDROID vs. iPhone.. Since ANDROID is the base and they make many phones that run ANDROID. it should be Droid X2 V. iPhone. Considering the X2 is the best Android phone out there.

the iphone was the edge of technology when it came out. Everything else after it has been compared to the iphone.. Is one superior than the other? No. Did it suck when it came out that you could only get it on At&t? Yes. Spec wise the Phones are exactly the same except for the removable storage that comes with the android devices and the Dual Core in the X2.

Yes the Droid X2 runs Flash.. But flash is not an apple product. Droid X2 has a bigger screen But the iphone screen display is "better quality". One big difference is the "hotspot" where with the droid X2 if you run hotspot you can connect 5 devices to 3G.. and with iphone you can connect 5 devices to Wifi. The 1 thing i wish the iPhone had was a dual core like the X2 which makes Multi-tasking faster... But really who uses multitasking THAT much? There have been people that have switched from Droid to iphone.. And people who have switched from iphone to droid. and they love their switch..

In my mind there should be no fight with Droid V. iPhone. they are both great phones. Although there is a "social" thing with the iPhone for Some iPhone Users... You cant group everyone in that.. I got an iPhone when it first came out.. The dinosaur 2G... And there was nothing AT THAT TIME that was better than the iphone... The iphone changed the Cell phone industry and if you debate THAT then your just arguing to argue..

Old 08-18-2011, 09:26 PM

DROID x2 user now was using iphone along with DROID and I like the android better. It seems I can do so much more with the DROID.

Old 08-18-2011, 09:30 PM
October 2011 ROTM

Originally Posted by Dfbewley2
The iphone changed the Cell phone industry and if you debate THAT then your just arguing to argue..
You sir are correct. It sure did change the cell phone industry which I think we are all greatful for. Now we have the internet, GPS, apps and great cameras on our phones. However from what I have noticed (And this by NO means goes for everyone) is that apple users are ignorant and uneducated. They HAVE to have a iPhone or a Ipad because its apple. They don't do they research on the other products out there just just buy the next apple product that comes out. Consumer reports rated the Xoom and Galaxy better than the iPad but people buy the iPad because it is apple. If someone says to me I bought the iPad because it does A, B, C ,D which the Xoom and Galaxy don't then I can respect that but they don't! They buy it cause it is apple. They were the leaders in the industry however there are other companies that do make better products and I just wish people would realize that.

Old 08-18-2011, 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by grida600rr
DROID x2 user now was using iphone along with DROID and I like the android better. It seems I can do so much more with the DROID.

You can do the same with the X2 as you can with the iPhone.. The insides might be different.. BUT what you do with it is completely the same.. I have to admit the Animated Background is pretty cool.

once you jailbreak your iPhone (yeah it voids your warranty but the apple warranty sucks anyway) you can do anything with it..

I really want to hold a Seminar for people with smartphones because 75% of people that have a smartphone... dont use it too its full capacity.. Your smart phone doesnt just stop at GPS,Email, MMS,SMS,Phone Call, And Internet... Your phone can do so much more than that!

Old 08-18-2011, 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by R Dub
Consumer reports rated the Xoom and Galaxy better than the iPad but people buy the iPad because it is apple.
The ipad is just an oversized iPhone.. Thats all it is.. And thats what i will continue to call it.. HAHA! the XOOM.....i think? Is a badass tablet.... I just dont see the point in throwing out money for a Tablet when i have an iPhone, Laptop, and a desktop computer... HAHA!

Old 08-18-2011, 09:53 PM
October 2011 ROTM

Originally Posted by Dfbewley2
The ipad is just an oversized iPhone.. Thats all it is.. And thats what i will continue to call it.. HAHA! the XOOM.....i think? Is a badass tablet.... I just dont see the point in throwing out money for a Tablet when i have an iPhone, Laptop, and a desktop computer... HAHA!
Oh I couldn't agree more. I love my Xoom and wouldn't want to go without it. But your right. I would never buy it. If I didn't get my Xoom for free (Its awesome having a brother that is a engineer for Motorola) I wouldn't have it. Tablets don't replace a compter/laptop. They are great for searching something online real quick but your not going to type a paper on it, do a powerpoint presentation, a excel file, etc. Just nice for quick and easy searching.

Old 08-18-2011, 10:04 PM

I plan on getting the Motorola Bionic as soon as it comes out....

iPhones are for communists and vegan feminists.

Quick Reply: Android vs. iphone whats your opinion