Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

American Sports

Old 07-25-2007, 04:39 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default American Sports

Wow, American sports are taking a real beating with all the headlines lately. What do you think is the most scandelous of the current headlines? I'm voting for the basketball situation...but I will change that if Vick gets convicted. What do you guys think is the worst?

Old 07-25-2007, 05:58 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: American Sports

All of them are pretty bad for sports. But I have to go with the Vick problem. The other's don't seem as bad as Vick (presumably) knowing and participating in dog fighting. I mean, come on. It was happening on his property, and you think he didn't know about it? I haven't kept up with the story as much as some, so my details might be a little vague.

Old 07-25-2007, 07:28 AM
Banned

America's obsession with sports is obscene. I can see those in a third world nation freaking out about someone kicking a ball, but really, this is America, the U.S. of A. We should be worrying about current events and why we have so many fat kids with diabetes or Autism or crime or terroism. F**k barry bonds, F**k betting on sports, F**k the F**king dog fighting. Aside from the locking up Michael Vick for being a scumbag, who cares. Just because these guys hit, kick, or throw a ball, doesn't make them worthy of ****. If it isn't your kid playing little league or JV or varsity, does it really matter what the hell happens on a sports field?Games are for kids, grow the f**k up America.

Old 07-25-2007, 08:33 AM
TEN

America's obsession with sports is obscene. I can see those in a third world nation freaking out about someone kicking a ball, but really, this is America, the U.S. of A. We should be worrying about current events and why we have so many fat kids with diabetes or Autism or crime or terroism. F**k barry bonds, F**k betting on sports, F**k the F**king dog fighting. Aside from the locking up Michael Vick for being a scumbag, who cares. Just because these guys hit, kick, or throw a ball, doesn't make them worthy of ****. If it isn't your kid playing little league or JV or varsity, does it really matter what the hell happens on a sports field?Games are for kids, grow the f**k up America

[sm=insomnia.gif]

How do you really feel?

Old 07-25-2007, 08:37 AM

^^^^^ HAhahahahahahaha

Old 07-25-2007, 08:40 AM

America's obsession with sports is obscene. I can see those in a third world nation freaking out about someone kicking a ball, but really, this is America, the U.S. of A. We should be worrying about current events and why we have so many fat kids with diabetes or Autism or crime or terroism. F**k barry bonds, F**k betting on sports, F**k the F**king dog fighting. Aside from the locking up Michael Vick for being a scumbag, who cares. Just because these guys hit, kick, or throw a ball, doesn't make them worthy of ****. If it isn't your kid playing little league or JV or varsity, does it really matter what the hell happens on a sports field?Games are for kids, grow the f**k up America.
Thank god there are still smart people left in the world.

What's depressing is sports teams (even 3rd string) make more money doing jack compared to scientists, teachers, government workers, a.k.a things that really matter.

Old 07-25-2007, 09:19 AM
VP

I love it when people come on here to rant about how people rant. You grow the F*ck up.

Old 07-25-2007, 11:04 AM
Banned

I love it when people come on here to rant about how people rant. You grow the F*ck up.
Ranting is good...and good for you, kinda like soup.

Old 07-25-2007, 11:18 AM
Jan 2009 ROTM

Personally i find the Vick thing worse, mainly because i get a feeling he will get away with it.

Old 07-25-2007, 10:54 PM

The NBA scandal is by far the most.

The NFL as a league is not affected by Michael Vick's alleged activities. Barry Bonds (and all the other cheating players) in this steroid era is sad if you really care about baseball and its' history. Still, the public generally believes the MLB and NFL games are not fixed.

The problem for the NBA is that its' integrity will be called into question over this and the trickle-down effect can potentially hurt everyone associated with the league.

Sports are unscripted drama that people are paying to see; competition is what the NBA and all other leagues sell. Without competition there are no leagues, sports would merely provide simple entertainment, e.g., the WWE, the Harlem Globetrotters, the Tampa Bay Devil Rays .

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: American Sports