Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

AMA Superbike Double Header In Elkhart Lake Wisconsin

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2006, 08:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: AMA Superbike Double Header In Elkhart Lake Wisconsin

ORIGINAL: CBRFREEK

I was just at the Road America site..wanted to buy a ticket and was wondering if we are all riding in together from West Bend and parking together or if there has been a change of plans for u Jesse since your friends are camping there.Ill prolly just get my ticket at the gate so that way its one less this for me to lose..LOL..crikes..i have to figure out a way to get a tire changed before then..ive got 6k on my original Michie..
We can ride together from west bend, thats no problem and we will probably meet up with everyone else if they feel like it otherwise we'll just find someplace to sit and go from there. All that I know right now is we're leaving Friday morning and going to the hotel and probably go and check out the track and figure out what everyone else is planning on doing. Then we can go from there. I know that it probably wasn't much help but I just planned on "winging it" LOL as long as I make it up there in one piece I'll be happy.

-Jesse-

Old 05-26-2006, 01:36 PM

I just thought that I'd check to see if there is anyone else thats planning on going. Looks like its going to be a nice weekend, my weather forecast says scatterd showers on friday and sunny and 80s the rest of the weekend. Hopefully it won't rain at all, but I can deal with scattered showers one day. I'm going to be riding from Richland Center to Madison and then to Elkhart lake from there. I'm planing on starting the trip with a bunch of guys from Richland Center but they plan on riding up with no stops, besides gas and I don't think my a$$ can take 4 hours straight on my bike LOL so me and Ben will be making some stops along the way. Anyone interested in meeting somewhere along the way let me know and we'll see if we can get something worked out. And if anyone wants me cell # send me a pm with your # that way I'll actually answer my phone LOL to get things coordnated. Ok I guess thats it for now, but if I think of anything else I'll post it up here.

-Jesse-

Old 05-26-2006, 02:44 PM

Ok, this is what I know for right now.... We are planning on leaving Friday morning. We are hauling the bikes in the enclosed trailer in which we will be camping at either the track or a local KOA. We should plan on a meeting time Friday nite for dinner n bevies maybe. If we park at the track, ya'll are welcome to come there and meet up, park the bikes, etc. I think we're gonna bring a grill and some burgers & steaks too.... As we get closer to the wknd, we should exchange cell numbers maybe?

Old 05-27-2006, 12:59 AM

I'm in. Comin' up from IA on Friday and stayin' in West Bend too. I'll be taking Lots of breaks along the way, so I can't say when I'll get there. This is going to be my first live race, so I'm really looking forward to it. Let me know if you want to meet up when we're there and I'll give you my cell.

Old 05-27-2006, 11:18 AM

OK...this is the 3rd time ive rewritten this..i keep closing the window...ugh...
Im leaving on Friday afternoon should arrive West Bend by 5pm latest..(keeping it short this time)
Ive got a Boost/Nextel so if anyone has a Nextel # but i have phone number too..

Here is my route from home to West Bend
Home To West Bend

So Comet if ya wanna link up somewhere inside of Wisconsin im right on the border that way u wont have to ride all that way alone...let me know..send me an email..

I got a link for directions from the Super 8 to RA too
Tricky Route to RA

So without further adieu...im leaving for the day and goin riding...send me emails as to when ya'll wanna do the number swap and il ltalk to ya all laters...

Old 05-27-2006, 04:03 PM

Everything sounds good guys, should be a fun weekend full of riding. CBRFREEK your trip doesn't really come close to me so I guess we'll have to meet at the hotel then. I take it that Comets staying at super 8 too so we can all meet there and we'll probably see RCKT GRL at the track. I've got CBRFREEK's # so just drop me a pm and I'll get mine sent to you. Everyone have a safe trip and I was told to watch out for cops, because there are so many bikes I guess that they bring in more cars and such to bust us so be on the look out.

-Jesse-

Old 05-28-2006, 08:10 PM

WOO HOO ...i cant wait until next weekend.I had the RR out all day yesterday and a lil today and that Corbin is soooooo nice will help me chew up that 100 miles in no time and i checked the weather....looks great for Friday and Saturday...Elkhart Lakes 10 Day Forecast

Old 05-29-2006, 01:29 AM

WOO HOO ...i cant wait until next weekend.I had the RR out all day yesterday and a lil today and that Corbin is soooooo nice will help me chew up that 100 miles in no time and i checked the weather....looks great for Friday and Saturday...Elkhart Lakes 10 Day Forecast
LOL I'm getting anxious to get up there, I wish I had a corbin though LOL. Me and ben went for about a 6 hour ride and my a$$ hurt, I should be alright though just have to get off a few times and stretch. Anyways I'm really looking foward to meeting up with you guys, its gonna be a blast.

-Jesse-

BTW did you have any luck getting a new tire? My rear tire is about done for, but I'm gonna make it last through the weekend and replace it when I get home. My Dunlop 208 only has about 2500 miles on it and its almost to the wear marks, but I'll be ok as long as it doesn't rain (I have my fingers crossed)

Old 05-30-2006, 12:07 AM

If the weather is anything like it was today..next weekend...we are gonna have a blast..im sooo waiting for Friday...Comet..let me know youre route...maybe we can ride to Wst Bend...and Jesse bro..i still dont have all your numbers..LOL

Old 05-30-2006, 10:53 PM

If the weather is anything like it was today..next weekend...we are gonna have a blast..im sooo waiting for Friday...Comet..let me know youre route...maybe we can ride to Wst Bend...and Jesse bro..i still dont have all your numbers..LOL
Really? I sent you a pm, oh well I'll send them to you again right now, or else I'll just text you my number if that doesn't work.

I just have to work tonight and tomorrow night and I'm done LOL We're stoked down here everyone is overly excited LOL Its going to be nice weather and cool people so its gonna be a blast I really can't wait.

-Jesse-

Quick Reply: AMA Superbike Double Header In Elkhart Lake Wisconsin