Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Am I right to be mad right now?

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2008, 11:50 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Am I right to be mad right now?

So, in relation to this thread right now. Long story short. I got a dent in my gas tank, got payed for it, and I ebayed a gas tank that looked like it was in good condition. It came in finally after about 2 weeks and I just opened it up and I'm really peeved right now. The tank I bided on had a stratch on it which I really didn't mind because it didn't look too bad on the pictures. I get it and its freaken horrible stratch. Goes down right into the paint. I got smart and decided to check the inside of the tank. Looks like god damn rust spots everywhere. On top of that the mount points are bent. IDK. Really pissed off right now. I totally want to send it back.

Name:  CIMG0049.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  51.4 KB

Inside the tank

Name:  CIMG0045.jpg
Size:  29.6 KB

Name:  CIMG0046.jpg
Size:  36.8 KB

Name:  CIMG0048.jpg
Size:  29.9 KB

Any opinions on what I should do?

Old 03-28-2008, 11:54 AM
Default RE: Am I right to be mad right now?

yes.. i do alot of buying and selling.. well not alot but enough..

What you should do is email him.. tell him you want a refund.. and if he doesnt offer you a refund tell him you are going to file a claim with paypal.. if you file a claim with paypal he will have the money you paid him taken from his paypal acct and put into hold untill the dispute is settled.. if i was you i would make a copy of the photos showing the damage in his auction.. then compare the damage to that in the photos you took.. all you will have to do is tell paypal that you want to return the tank because he did not mention the rust or that the mounts were bent.

it will take a while (likea month) but better than letting someone pull that ****.. pisses me off when people arent honest..

Paypal will ask you for your side of the story.. and all you have to do at that point is provide them with the photos he took, and his description.. then counter that with the photos you took and the things he did not disclose..

shouldnt be difficult, but will take a bit.. be patient and be pissed.. thats garbage..

Old 03-28-2008, 11:56 AM

ORIGINAL: OKIEZAC

yes.. i do alot of buying and selling.. well not alot but enough..

What you should do is email him.. tell him you want a refund.. and if he doesnt offer you a refund tell him you are going to file a claim with paypal.. if you file a claim with paypal he will have the money you paid him taken from his paypal acct and put into hold untill the dispute is settled.. if i was you i would make a copy of the photos showing the damage in his auction.. then compare the damage to that in the photos you took.. all you will have to do is tell paypal that you want to return the tank because he did not mention the rust or that the mounts were bent.

it will take a while (likea month) but better than letting someone pull that ****.. pisses me off when people arent honest..
Pisses me off more because in the auction it says "No rust".

Old 03-28-2008, 11:59 AM

^^ then you will have a solid claim and if he is smart and doesnt want his ebay rep or paypal acct ****ed up, he will offer you the refund.. just email him tell him its got rust and you want your money back.. you will have to pay for shipping back to him.. (make sure you do it insured and with sig. required) that way he cant say he never got it back from you.. and paypal will require that as well if you return it under thier policy.

Old 03-28-2008, 12:20 PM

I send the dude a message though ebay. I'm gona give him a business week to respond before I file a claim.

I received the gas tank today and am disappointed. First off, there are rust spots covering the inside of the tank. Also, the mounting points at the top of the tank are bent. None of this was mentioned in the auction. Please message me back asap.

Old 03-28-2008, 12:48 PM

Scratch that, just noticed that it's for an F4...best of luck with dealing with the guy.

Old 03-28-2008, 01:55 PM

That's total BS man. I would not put gas in that tank and run it threw my bike. I hope it all works out for you.

Old 03-28-2008, 06:49 PM

I bought the tank for my bike for 150 plus shipping, I sold my bike and did not need it anymore. I did not see any rust spots in the tank, the mount tabs where not bent. I can not control the shipping process.
Lol wow

Old 03-28-2008, 06:56 PM
VP

did you send him the pictures??

Old 03-28-2008, 06:57 PM

I will now.