Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

am I the only one?

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2013, 10:13 AM
Welcome Crew
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default am I the only one?

Seems like I am always on this forum. Even when at work..... Am I th only one that lives vicariously through others?

Old 05-20-2013, 10:50 AM
Administrator and MVN, March 2012/Oct 2013 ROTM
Received 117 Likes on 107 Posts

Nope, I'm here 18 hours a day.

The remedy for living through others is to start sharing your rides and stuff with others here. Then everyone can see your area and ride/live your life through you.

For the most part, there are 2 kinds of members: those who come here needing help with their bike or are new to riding and those who can fix their own problems without making a big deal of it and help others fix theirs.

Those who get help, get help. Then go few and far between posts, eventually disappearing. Sometimes a few will stick around and hang with the social side of our community.

The ones that know how to fix problems, do so. They don't need help very often. They offer their experience to others unselfishly, and more often than not, stick around socially and continue helping.

There are a bunch that come here to only sell stuff, but they run into authority and never really get started in the community.

So, my question is: Which member are you?
You're here often, so you must like it here.

You could always come do picture challenges with us.....

Old 05-20-2013, 11:00 AM
Welcome Crew

Yeah, I rather enjoy it here..... Picture challenges huh? Hmmm.... Sounds interesting to me

Old 05-20-2013, 11:06 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Love the picture challenges, when I make my next purchase I plan on doing these quite a bit. Actually completed a few of them back when I had my f4i, the forum does seem to move a lot slower than it did when I joined. I see fewer new posts coming up, used to be 15+ quality posts popping up hourly with a few of the re-occurring questions and "use the search button answers"

Haven't been active here since my last bike, got a cruiser for awhile and lurked more than anything. But now I am getting back on a street bike especially since my brother wants to start riding and I will have someone to go with.

OT: I don't think I live through others but rather like to share my experiences and read of others around the country/world.... and I am extremely bored when I am at my office on Mondays.

You should join the picture challenges they are a blast --

Last edited by bigboi18184; 05-20-2013 at 11:08 AM.
Old 05-20-2013, 01:19 PM

I have to admit, I stalk this site all the time, but don't post all that much. I have asked a few questions on repairs and some how to informaiton. However, everyone here is extremely helpful, and offer great advice! As an example, last weekend my bike experienced some electrical issues and due to all of the diagnostic advice here on this forum, I quickly found what the issue was. It was my stator. Ordered online, replaced and now I'm back on the road. Also, I'm not the most mechanically inclined individual out there, so the advice and pics on the site were invaluable! Just my 2 cents, but thanks everyone!

Old 05-20-2013, 01:53 PM

I'm definitely a lurker, but I'm here on and off all day long. I have another forum for the social aspect of riding since it's a little bit busier. Usually I'm just checking up the general and F4i sections just to keep current on anything mechanical that I may run into.

Old 05-20-2013, 02:29 PM
Track junkie & modaholic

What about the third group of people. Who came just for a bit of info with the intent to leave and decided to stay? The ones that will ask the stupid questions and feel like a retard when someone else googles it for you :P Someone who actually does the dares in to short lived dare thread. The guys who spends way too much money, time, and effort on his bike to maintain a healthy relationship. You forgot those guys.

Oh and whenever I open my browser I find myself here noodling around even if there are no new threads too.

Old 05-20-2013, 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by CJardine
What about the third group of people. Who came just for a bit of info with the intent to leave and decided to stay? The ones that will ask the stupid questions and feel like a retard when someone else googles it for you :P Someone who actually does the dares in to short lived dare thread. The guys who spends way too much money, time, and effort on his bike to maintain a healthy relationship. You forgot those guys.

Oh and whenever I open my browser I find myself here noodling around even if there are no new threads too.
90% of the time this is how I've found the answer for someone's question on here or do a forum search.....and most of the time they have 10 posts or less and half of those are the same question in other sections.

Old 05-20-2013, 03:42 PM
Welcome Crew

Originally Posted by dveldtf4i
Usually I'm just checking up the general and F4i sections.
That's me. Usually in the f2 forums. I agree the experience and willingness to help here is great. And also what keeps me lurking everyday

Old 05-20-2013, 04:13 PM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

i very seldom miss a day on here...