Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Alright, a picture ...

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2008, 03:50 AM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Alright, a picture ...

Well this is where I was standing last weekend,
quality is not my usual standard because my V3 is dead by this time and I had to use a mobile phone ...

Old 09-04-2008, 03:57 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Alright, a picture ...

Very nice...This reminds me..I need a vacation[>:]. pretty good picture for a camera phone really.

Old 09-04-2008, 04:35 AM
Banned

Do they really have palm trees down there in Pembrokeshire?...lol The place looks absolutely beautiful, Jules. I don't think you can take a bad picture, even with a camera phone. Do you have any more? I didn't take a vacation this year so I'll live vicariously through you.

Old 09-04-2008, 04:42 AM

Wow Jules, that place looks awesome!!! Man i wanna go there!!

Old 09-04-2008, 05:04 AM

ORIGINAL: eweppley

Do they really have palm trees down there in Pembrokeshire?...lol The place looks absolutely beautiful, Jules. I don't think you can take a bad picture, even with a camera phone. Do you have any more? I didnt take a vacation this year so Ill live vicariously through you.
Funny, you guys and the vacation word ..I notice that a lot, its a holiday alright?? ... we go on our holidays here, we have holidays ..now repeat after me ...holiday ..lol

No, we dont have palm trees, all of my pictures are faked and I just stuck them in for effect ..lol

Ok seriously, yes we do have a lot of these smaller type palm trees in the South of the country .. there is quite a difference between the North and the South of the UK both in temperatures and rain etc .. Pembrokeshire is quite a bit South and while you can have 23 degrees and sunny down here on a typical summers day, at the same time in Scotland it can be 13-14 degrees, cloudy and or wet ...
Also Pembrokeshire rarely if ever gets frosts in winter, the whole climate is tempered by the sea and the water is warmed by the Gulf stream here ... Tenby and Dale are the two sunniest spots in the UK clocking up more sun hours per year than anywhere else ... that pic was actually on cloudy day but there were these huge light holes in the clouds where it was thinned out and giving the place a very bright and surreal feel, shame the big camera was dead ..the light was truly awesome ..

I have quite a few rescued from my V3 now and will post them up soon!! :-)

Jules

Old 09-04-2008, 06:24 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Holidays have a different meaning here:

"A day free from work that one may spend at leisure, especially a day on which custom or the law dictates a halting of general business activity to commemorate or celebrate a particular event."

Christmas, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Election Day, Thanksgiving etc.

Basically the days we don't get mail (yes I didn't note Easter, because it's always on a Sunday, but I could have mentioned Good Friday, I suppose).

Vacation are days where we use our earned vacation time...or to represent a time when we go away.

Old 09-04-2008, 07:00 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: eweppley

Do they really have palm trees down there in Pembrokeshire?...lol The place looks absolutely beautiful, Jules. I don't think you can take a bad picture, even with a camera phone. Do you have any more? I didn't take a vacation this year so I'll live vicariously through you.
They look a lot like Cabbage Trees to me (Cordyline Australis) New Zealand native plant, still looks nice there though.

Old 09-04-2008, 07:02 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hell... I dont even get weekends or holidays off [:@] . I too have take vacation vicariously through others.

Old 09-04-2008, 07:06 AM

ORIGINAL: pacemaker

They look a lot like Cabbage Trees to me (Cordyline Australis) New Zealand native plant, still looks nice there though.

http://www.hardytropicals.co.uk/Cordylines/

Old 09-04-2008, 07:10 AM
Banned

Tenby and Dale are the two sunniest spots in the UK clocking up more sun hours per year than anywhere else
Thatsounds like a nice place to get drunk. Any strip clubs there Jules?

Quick Reply: Alright, a picture ...