Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

almost time to say goodbye

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2008, 06:28 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default almost time to say goodbye

to the beautiful weather.

it sucks, leaves are begining to die and fall from the trees already, mornings are requiring a hoody on my way to work underneath my jacket. it sucks to see summer slipping away. i mean, i ride year 'round anyways here in MD, but still...........fall/winter is depressing to me. everything is dead, its bitter cold, nothing to be extremely excited about except for waiting once again for that warm weather to come back and lift your spirits. riding has become my LIFE in the last year and a half, to probably an unhealthy level. i so badly dont want to see the gorgeous weather going out the door and having to put on six layers of pants to go cruise around and CANNOT hit any backroads b/c of cold pavement and cold tires.i know alot of you guys have the luxury of year 'round riding weather, and i am envious of you.

aaaaaaaah well, i'll quit my whining. just a boring, ****ty evening sitting in the house alone while its raining out and nothing's on tv.

take care people, be safe, hold on to this warm weather and get out and enjoy it before its gone.

Old 08-28-2008, 06:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: almost time to say goodbye

I agree, although riding to school in full gear won't be such the baking-hot, oven-roasted fest it is now omg

But then, I can only keep riding until Nov at the latest.

Must...move...back...to SD

Old 08-28-2008, 06:37 PM

also i badly want to do some track days w/ my F4i but i dont have the$ right now and its late in the year, so i think i'll have to wait until next summer. its KILING me, i havent done any real hard riding w/ the RR. i take my F4i down my street a few times a week to knock the dust off it and keep the fluids moving and everything working properly......ok who am i kidding, i LOVE that goddamn thing still!!!!! aaaah the sound of that 2bros warming up in the garage before a ride *takes a deep breath*. idk if im more into that F4i or the new RR, lol. i honestly havent even worn my leather riding pants since my accident. my mom/sis always bug me about it and i always tell them...in all honesty, its in my best interest NOT to wear them right now. as dumb as that sounds, i really get into riding when im completely geared up. not like a "i dont give a ****" mood, or a big ego or anything, but i know now what i can do on the bike, and what it feels like to have a knee scraping away at the road.........and if i put those leathers on its like crack, lol.

Old 08-28-2008, 07:46 PM

jaynd, you strike me as a 'glass is half empty' kinda guy

Old 08-28-2008, 07:48 PM

Are you ****ting me. It still 100 degrees here for most of the day.

Old 08-28-2008, 07:52 PM

FLYOU, im in between.

Nauree, its been in the high 70's low 80's here lately and mornings require something extra under the jacket

Old 08-28-2008, 07:58 PM

it was 93 here today, so I figure I still got atleast a couple of months.

when it gets cold, you just go south for the track days. I am heading to Barber next weekend, and the last weekend of the season at the end of October

Old 08-28-2008, 08:03 PM

i still need another helmet (dont want to track my one and only helmet) and i need a back protector......then im good to go. i HAD two helmets, but one was trashed and is now added to my accident memorabila shelf [&o]. so ontop of needing another helmet and a back protector.......i dont think i can afford trackdays this year. i'd like to ATLEAST go watch some. i havent done one or seen one before, besides pics on here and reading about them. all i know is i LOVE getting a knee down and rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrolling through a corner, so i'll see if i can get into some next summer i guess.

Old 08-28-2008, 08:55 PM

this summer has been very mild here in ohio. last year around this time, i could leave work at 11pm and be fine.

this year, i've been freezing my *** off on every ride home. it sucks!

Old 08-28-2008, 10:52 PM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Come and ride here, 24/7/365 is standard...........he he.
Summers are too hot to ride in comfort, so we enjoy the fall , spring and winter ......
Pity you guys in the north, but at least you have snowmobiles...........

Quick Reply: almost time to say goodbye