Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

almost died last night!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2009 | 09:39 PM

Sounds like you need a steering stablizer, and maybe new tires.

Old 04-10-2009 | 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by Joey_f4i
Its always very sad to hear that one of the motorcycle community has had an accident and passed on, but it makes me even more furious to hear about illegal street racing.
Its not tolerated in this forum and I'm sure many will agree that its not a topic worth bragging about.
I'm glad to hear that you came unharmed from the event and I hope you will hear us out when we say to be smart and ride safely.

Done.
I really dont understand how you go off on "street racing". I know its not safe,everyone does.. and if 100 is all he was doing its not like he was going far. As far as morals and what this forum tolerates no one was condoning it. and for the whole trip on think of your daughter and what if you hit the van with my daughter and wife thing... what if you are driving your car blazed and hit my niece and nephew? Seriously we all do stupid things... He started this thread to find an answer of why his bike did this, not to get a lesson on rights and wrongs

Old 04-11-2009 | 04:51 AM

If your rear wheel came that much off the ground, you might want to look into adjusting the damper to be softer. That would allow the suspension to absorb it better instead of just throwing the bike in the air. Also, a stabilizer for the bar would be really, really helpful for going that speed. Probably wouldn't have done a whole lot in that situation, but in general I'd say it's pretty close to necessary at that speed.

Old 04-11-2009 | 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by rellimdekim
I really dont understand how you go off on "street racing". I know its not safe,everyone does.. and if 100 is all he was doing its not like he was going far. As far as morals and what this forum tolerates no one was condoning it. and for the whole trip on think of your daughter and what if you hit the van with my daughter and wife thing... what if you are driving your car blazed and hit my niece and nephew? Seriously we all do stupid things... He started this thread to find an answer of why his bike did this, not to get a lesson on rights and wrongs
Excuse me but what I do in the privacy of my own home is not your or anyone's bussines.
Obviously any NORML member woul never do such a thing.
There is a time and a place for everything.
If you feel the need to race or open up the throttle then visit your local strip or track. Where it should be done.
He started his thread stating and blatantly saying that he was racing, re-read the thread if you must.
Anywho, the thread was moved where it belongs and where I never post anyways so damage done let it be done.

Old 04-11-2009 | 12:45 PM

I agree...
If even in a legal situation i found myself getting scared ****less by "speed wobble" the first thing i would do is do some research or post up a question asking "Why the Shiat is this happening!?" Cus as most of us know if someone has a bike where something is wrong and it keeps "speed wobbling" its only a matter of time until he looses control and falls...
Getting him some advice is the best thing to do here before he really hurts himself.
Id say invest in a steering stabilizer for sure!
And of course it wouldn't hurt to check all control related aspects of your bike, tire pressure, suspension, damper, make sure everything is in working order and you have no loose nuts or bolts. (i had a similar issue when i was a kid racing dirt bikes my steering column came loose while riding and id gave me quite a run for my money until i found the problem.
Good Luck!
And be careful out there!

Old 04-11-2009 | 01:08 PM

Well I'm genuinely concerned about the "Illegal" occurrences.
But I did notice that he seemed to regret the preliminary racing him and his friend were involved in.
I do hope he finds the help he was searching for regarding his suspension and whatnot.
Ride safe.

Old 04-11-2009 | 01:24 PM

Yeah dude fix your bike. Whatever you need to do to make sure that you have a nice stable ride at speeds over 100mph. Sure, go for it.

Me? I don't go over 100mph. And I sure don't do it on stretches of road I'm not familiar with. That is suicide. That is why professional racers walk the track first before the race starts.

There are many of us that do stupid things though. The first year I got my bike I max'd out fourth gear going to work one day. 142mph. It was exhilarating to be sure. A month later I whizzed by a cop doing 110mph and got a pretty hefty ticket. As I was waiting for the ticket I was thinking "What the Hell am I doing?". I've since mended my ways and don't go much over 80mph....

It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others...

Old 04-11-2009 | 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by supersnake83
Is the separation of the bridge and the asphalt at different height levels? If you think about the physics, speed and consider the angle measurement of the flux capacitor and the gravitational pull, at about 100 MPH, if the ground of the bridge (after the road separation onto the bridge) is lower, than it is possible that you wen't from two wheels to one wheel (to be on your front).
LOL, that is CLASSIC!! But you forgot to tell him about the 1.21 Jiggawatts.

Old 04-11-2009 | 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by Joey_f4i
Its always very sad to hear that one of the motorcycle community has had an accident and passed on, but it makes me even more furious to hear about illegal street racing.
Its not tolerated in this forum and I'm sure many will agree that its not a topic worth bragging about.
I'm glad to hear that you came unharmed from the event and I hope you will hear us out when we say to be smart and ride safely.

Done.
youve been on here for a month and yet your telling people whats not tolerated on this forum?

Quick Reply: almost died last night!!