Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

ALL PAYPAL USERS MUST READ NOW!!!!!

Old 03-07-2006, 03:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ALL PAYPAL USERS MUST READ NOW!!!!!

I just got this e-mail, of course the smartie i am, i didn't click on it. But if i did, i don't know what would of happened and i'm NOT about to find out.....THIS IS FROM paypaI with an "I" for igloo. Just be careful!!!! The e-mail looks really real for those of you who know my personally can see it. however i will NOT send out the address because of dumb people that think its funny for others to suffer. JUST BE CAREFUL!!!!!! some people are more gullable than you think.

HERE IS THE SCREEN SHOT of the e-mail

Old 03-07-2006, 03:22 PM
Default RE: ALL PAYPAL USERS MUST READ NOW!!!!!

thanks for the heads up..it does look suspicious

Old 03-07-2006, 03:40 PM

Thanks for the heads up, looks a little wierd to me also

Old 03-07-2006, 03:49 PM
Retired Admin, January 2008 ROTM, Lord of Neon & L.E.D.s

My wife got screwed on something like that last year. It was a little different, but her identity was stolen. Paypal wannabe. Someone in Spain got her password and account number and then proceeded to make an ATM card. Two withdrawls later, and our bank account was drained. It was all insured, but we had to go a month on what we had on us and our paychecks.....it wasn't fun. Not only that, but my wife had to get all new SS numbers, CC numbers, and a new DL. Be aware that these things look real, my wife is no dummy and she got beat.
LJ

Old 03-07-2006, 04:42 PM

lets all email dream_bign06@yahoo.com a big ol **** YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-07-2006, 06:00 PM

Hey bro... did you by chance notify pay-pal of this? Im sure they probably know that these kinda things are going on... but wouldnt help them out a bit? If not, thats cool too... Definately a big thanks for the heads up. If I woulda got it at 2 am after drinkin a bit, I just might have been like "oooh wow.... clicky clicky" hahahaah j/k

take care, and watch out for stupid **** like this, too many a-holes out there who get their jollies outta this stuff...

Chris

Old 03-07-2006, 06:37 PM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That's the old phishing technique. Paypals #1 rule is that they'll never, ever solicit your password from you. You gotta make the first move. Plus in the address line it'd be "https:".

Thanks for the heads up. I hope there's a little place in hell reserved for these identity theif ******[:@][:@]

Old 03-07-2006, 09:56 PM
Retired Admin, January 2008 ROTM, Lord of Neon & L.E.D.s

ORIGINAL: BlindLOKI

Hey bro... did you by chance notify pay-pal of this? Im sure they probably know that these kinda things are going on... but wouldnt help them out a bit? If not, thats cool too... Definately a big thanks for the heads up. If I woulda got it at 2 am after drinkin a bit, I just might have been like "oooh wow.... clicky clicky" hahahaah j/k

take care, and watch out for stupid **** like this, too many a-holes out there who get their jollies outta this stuff...

Chris
We did notify Paypal and they were aware of the problem, yet still said, "They were getting closer, but still haven't nailed down the culprit."
LJ

Old 03-07-2006, 11:19 PM

I usually on use pay pal for one reason so half the time i delete half the crap that comes thru my inbox but i wil pay attn and pass the info on to others i know that use paypal as well..thanks for the heads up

Old 03-07-2006, 11:41 PM

i got the same email. yeah i reported it. feel sorry for the people that are not smart enough to know. oh and ImmaSquashYou, clean out your inbox dude. lol[&:]

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: ALL PAYPAL USERS MUST READ NOW!!!!!