Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

All I can say is....

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2010, 09:44 AM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Default All I can say is....

... wow

saw this on another forum. FHP patrolman wrote hundreds of false tickets to motorists

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/cr...me-817118.html

Old 07-22-2010, 11:09 AM
October 2011 ROTM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow is right. I like the quote "FHP has said it doesn't set quotas for tickets." BS! If they didn't set a quota then he would have no incentive for writing all these tickets. Glad he got jail time.

Old 07-22-2010, 07:59 PM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Wow, that is nuts!! Glad he got caught before more folks got surprised.

Old 07-23-2010, 07:39 AM

Originally Posted by R Dub
Wow is right. I like the quote "FHP has said it doesn't set quotas for tickets." BS! If they didn't set a quota then he would have no incentive for writing all these tickets. Glad he got jail time.
i just can't believe they knocked it down SO much... should have been 110 yrs, and knocked it down to 1 if he gave up his LEO certificate

Old 07-24-2010, 06:40 AM

yeah, cops never get what they deserve to have happen to them. In my opinion, they should get the worst possible charge. After all, they are suppose to be above moral standings of the public, and should be held as such.

We have issues here with cops all the time. Not the same as that, Because that is a wow moment, but cops getting caught drunk driving, beating their spouses... Just last year, 2 drunk drivings and 3 domestic violence charges. All dropped, the cops were suppended WITH pay, and all reinstated. And these are only ones that were brought up in the media. In fact, one guy was so drunk, he crashed his car ( not on duty) into a tree down a ditch, tried to get it out and overheated the car so much, it caught on fire. No one at the scene questioned him. He refused any help from anyone, and was taken home in a police car without any charges. the only reason anything was even brought up was becuase some of the fire deptartment people made a big deal about it, as the guy was obvioulsy wasted with open intox in the car. Now, since nothing was done by the cops, he is suppened with pay and its being investigated.

If the police forces around the US want to have respect of the people, at the very least, when things like this happen, throw the book at them and make them pay for what they have done. All it does is show the cops they are truly above any law and can do what ever they want. thier are not any consequences severe enough to worry about.

Honestly, its not so much things like this that make me angry at the police, its the sheer lack of discipline that happens when these cops break the law themselves that really pisses me off. I get the "only a few bad cops"... well if that true... then charge them to the full extent.

Old 07-24-2010, 08:56 AM

couldn't agree more

Old 07-25-2010, 01:19 PM

You are a gentlemen and a scholar.

Old 07-26-2010, 08:13 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What's up with them reducing his sentence since he agreed to give up his LEO certification for life?

Don't you lose that automatically when you're convicted of multiple felonies like this guy would have been? Seems a little redundant... Just a sneaky way to give the dude a break...