Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Air filters...chime in....please...

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2008, 11:28 AM
Registered Users
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Air filters...chime in....please...

So now that I know I am getting my hands on a PC3...WOO-HOO....i figure i am going to get a custom tune for it....i have already found a place and will do it later next month when i get everything all set up....

here's my issue....if i am going to do this, i might as well put a good filter in there...i was thinking maybe a BMC....hoping i can get a little extra gain....i have read over and over again that the stock is the best...but i am thinking since i will be getting a tune, i can do a better filter and reap results....

that being said...anyone have opinions on good filters as a replacement for some performance gains?....i am not too entirely fond of K&N but if that's the route i have to take....then you know....

Old 04-10-2008, 11:31 AM
Default RE: Air filters...chime in....please...

Being as that you posted in response first... I know you've at least read some of this thread... but I figure I'll put it in here to short-cut you some quick responses to this question. I, myself (since I ride in rain often) will be going with a BMC... I'm not going to do the "race" I don't think.

https://cbrforum.com/m_506871/tm.htm

Old 04-10-2008, 11:35 AM
Registered Users

LOL..yeah thanks...i'll re-read that real quick...

yeah i think i am going to do BMC either way being that they get good results, but i am wondering if i could leverage the race even on the street...i dunno...

i also ride in the rain a bunch...however...not by choice usually....LOL...damn my bad luck!

Old 04-10-2008, 11:41 AM

ORIGINAL: ffingers

LOL..yeah thanks...i'll re-read that real quick...

yeah i think i am going to do BMC either way being that they get good results, but i am wondering if i could leverage the race even on the street...i dunno...

i also ride in the rain a bunch...however...not by choice usually....LOL...damn my bad luck!
I hear ya... I'm the same way. The BMC race has 25% more flow than the normal... which has more flow than a stock filter. On an F4I, I wouldn't mind the race... but with my 07 RR and it's Snorkle of a ram-air tube right up front (and I've been hit by some HUGE water waves coming off cars that caused the bike to run kinda funny for a mile or so. Babied it home with minimal Revs then let the filter and everything dry out real well)... it would make me nervous in the rain.

Old 04-10-2008, 11:44 AM

Yeah, hydrolocking is no fun at all lol. Although I don't know if enough moisture would get through even with the race filter.

Old 04-10-2008, 11:44 AM
Registered Users

i am just worried that the race filter won't work well on the street...maybe i'll call the tuner i talked to, he's a racer and would probably know...i'll let you know what he says...

Old 04-10-2008, 11:45 AM

i am just worried that the race filter won't work well on the street...maybe i'll call the tuner i talked to, he's a racer and would probably know...i'll let you know what he says...
Hella, I'd be interested in his thoughts. Thanks!

Old 04-10-2008, 11:47 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I have a K&N in mine n love it. Stock is just that stock, its not better than anything lol.

Old 04-10-2008, 11:53 AM
Registered Users

Just called and talked to the tuner and he said to just go with the race, that it's fine for the street! so it looks like BMC race filter it is!

Old 04-10-2008, 11:55 AM

Just called and talked to the tuner and he said to just go with the race, that it's fine for the street! so it looks like BMC race filter it is!
Did he say why one over the other?

Quick Reply: Air filters...chime in....please...