CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://cbrforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   Air brushed Paint Jobs........opinion. (https://cbrforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/air-brushed-paint-jobs-opinion-34105/)

Blue Fox 03-22-2007 05:47 AM

Air brushed Paint Jobs........opinion.

Okay, I'm really laying my neck on the chopping board here, but here it goes.............

I don't know if it's just me.........but I really do not like the look of airbrushed.........well........anything.

I see airbrushed cars at car shows that everyone else gawks over........but I could care less.

I see airbrushed bikes on here and other places..........but it really doesn't do anything for me.

I know they take a lot of time, patience and talent to do airbrushed artwork, and I respect the talent, but I just personally do not think it looks good on vehicles.

So to conclude.......I was just wondering if I was the only one out there that thinks this way, or if I'm the only noob who doesn't like it.

IM IN NO WAY, SHAPE OR FORM TRYING TO OFFEND ANYONE! This is purely my own opinion and personal taste.

SchiraF4I 03-22-2007 05:51 AM

RE: Air brushed Paint Jobs........opinion.

You're Dead to me! Yea you heard me your dead!

Haha kidding, I think if you go way over board on the brushing then yes very tacky. But on the other hand it can be kept tasteful just like everything else to much of something can be ugly.

bindelsf2 03-22-2007 08:24 AM

ORIGINAL: SchiraF4I

You're Dead to me! Yea you heard me your dead!

Haha kidding, I think if you go way over board on the brushing then yes very tacky. But on the other hand it can be kept tasteful just like everything else to much of something can be ugly.
i agree.. but my bikes out to get brushed so i am partial... but i think its a way to personalize your bike to what you want.

[IMG]local://upfiles/7261/F81FE6E54B924976859D35AAB528BB83.jpg[/IMG]

slip_ 03-22-2007 10:21 AM

i feel the same way actually. my friend air brushes, so i have all the respect in the world for air brushed work. but there's somethin about it i just dont care for

D2VW14_20 03-22-2007 11:45 AM

I think there is subtle, and then there is over done. I like the way they look, but I dont think it would be something that I would do even if I have the money. ITs just to much for me. Also, it depends who does it. Sometimes, you can really tell where they started, changed a paint canister, etc. But over I think they look really nice, but is something I wouldnt personally do.

txmorgan 03-22-2007 02:40 PM

I think airbrushing is FUG.

I'm sorry schira!!![X(]

aaron1085 03-22-2007 06:36 PM

i dont know, i think D2 is right, it has to be subtle. I mean, my boy can do some amazing airbrushing, he can do REAL fire and all the skulls and etc. but sometimes it gets too over done on cars and bikes... I think it just depends on the application.

aaron1085 03-22-2007 06:37 PM

the think about some airbrushing is (especially with the classic low-riders) even if you don't like the paint job, the amount of dedication and effort and skill put into painting under hoods, engine compartments, door jams, etc. is just amazing and has to be trully appreciated.

doggy69 03-22-2007 08:33 PM

can be cool....but way to many are over the top 1 of a kind fugly pos things to each their own

Dave K 03-22-2007 09:40 PM

I can appreciate the artistry, but it isn't something that I care for. JMHO