Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Advice needed (Dilemma)

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2008, 02:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Advice needed (Dilemma)

Ok, so here is the deal. I have a 07' 600rr. Right now I am debating whether or not I should/ need to sell my bike. Since I am only 20 years old you all probably know that the insurance co's are trying to rape me. So the problem I am having is I really cant afford to have full coverage insurance. Basically I would be rolling with liability,or comprehensive liability.

I know I definitely should have done alot more research before I signed the contract on the bike, but I didnt. [:@]

The "Rents" are hooking me up, they payed my loan off for me, (once again I was getting raped) so now I just make payments to them. Not to mention they hate the thing, as does pretty much my whole family. But it is legal to have the bike with only liabilty, since pink slip is in hand now, but I know with a bike like this I really should have full coverage. Im scared that If I do sale I will be out quite a bit of cash.

What are your thoughts on this? Sorry for long post.

Thanks.

Old 02-28-2008, 02:50 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Advice needed (Dilemma)

Well, you have it right, you need full coverage on that baby. Its really up to you, I like to look at it as if you can't afford the insurance, you can't afford the bike, but I can't say that I would sell my bike if I could only afford liability. However, you do stand to lose quite a bit of cash if you wreck it or it gets stolen with only liability. What state are you in?

Old 02-28-2008, 02:56 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i'd say sell it......even though its a tough decision and hell, i know i wouldnt want to. but look at this forum alone....how many people have had their bikes stolen, or went down all by themselves b/c of one mistake.

you're 20...you've got time, brother!

Old 02-28-2008, 03:03 PM

The money cut is gonna hurt... I would start calling insurance companies and getting quotes and find someone who will let you roll with full coverage for something affordable... I'd do that WAY before thinking about selling off my bike.

Hell, at 25 my insurance through State Farm is like, $31 a month, full coverage... same bike (clean driving record)

Old 02-28-2008, 03:05 PM

I am stationed in Arizona right now.

Old 02-28-2008, 03:07 PM

ORIGINAL: Lrn2Go

Hell, at 25 my insurance through State Farm is like, $31 a month, full coverage... same bike (clean driving record)

hell, im w/ statefarm too and i only pay $50 a month.

Old 02-28-2008, 03:44 PM

Guess its time to callstate farm, I doubt its gonna be much cheaper than every other quotes I've gotten so far.

Old 02-28-2008, 03:50 PM

im 23 and for statefarms full coverage i only pay $50 a month. i dont know about other insurance co.'s but statefarm doesnt go by the year of the bike either, only by CC's (and age, i would assume).

do you have a car/truck? put that insurance w/ them aswell and get life insurance (should already have it if you ride). they will give you a discount for having 3 types of insurance w/ them. i understand that all the above may be more than you're paying now. but if you already have a car/truck and life insurance through someone else, you can switch ALL of the above to statefarm and recieve a discount along w/ possibly lower rates.

Old 02-28-2008, 03:58 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I pay $27/mo for full coverage, just dropped from $37. 22 here.

Old 02-28-2008, 04:02 PM

oh might help to post your deductible for those giving him some examples.

mine is $250. if i would have chosen the $500 deductible i would only be paying $25 a month for insurance.

Quick Reply: Advice needed (Dilemma)