Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Administrator or Moderators Help PLEASE

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2007, 09:13 PM
Friend and Hero ...
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Administrator or Moderators Help PLEASE

I'm addressing this to a, administrator or moderator DON C I know you're here right now I was looking for a post of my own using the search feature and came across this one. I was told by another member back just about the time I joined this forum. This Marine was killed while riding by an elderly gentleman in a car. I looked for that post itself, but could not find it. I'm just wondering if there is someway. These individuals whom are no longer with us if there accounts could be marked in some way to let others know that they are no longer with us. Like attaching the RIP thread to their account. I would have liked to gotten to know this Marine. We shared the same duty station within just a couple a months I think is this possible. At least for the ones that we know that are no longer with us does anyone else think this is a good idea

https://cbrforum.com/m_187488/tm.htm

Old 11-20-2007, 09:40 PM
Default RE: Administrator or Moderators Help PLEASE

jesus Gunny, I thought a round just landed on your position with that subject line, you freaked the shtt out of me

At most I would put an asterisk next to their username that links to a 'cemetary' page that has their name and any written condolences. Probably better than using RIP under their avatar, that shtt just makes it harder for me to stay totally positive sometimes. It would be difficult to authenticate too, kind of an unpleasant task for mods who have to babysit the people still alive as it is.

Old 11-20-2007, 09:53 PM
Retired Administrator

I'd be more than happy to honor those that have passed. I can add a RIP tag to their name and start a memorial page in I'm thinking off topic section and list the names.

I missed this altogether, are you talking about CBR1000RRMARINE?

Do we have any others to list. I've lost track of limpy (sirlimpzalot). Last I heard about him, he was in a hospital with a bad head injury.

Old 11-20-2007, 09:55 PM
Friend and Hero ...

Spirit understand exactly what you're saying, and I realize his name did not turn up in this report. http://www.defenselink.mil/releases/...eleaseid=11482But from what I understand there was a link to a legitimate news site stating the circumstances of his accident and for those who have family members or friends who are also members and have passed along the bad news. It would be a way to keep some idiot like myself from e-mailing the hell out of a person account. That is no longer with us, and I also to remind us of their passing I'm not really asking because he is a Marine. But because he died in the pursuit of happiness, and nothing else

Yes Don CBR1000RRMARINE

Old 11-20-2007, 10:01 PM
Friend and Hero ...

DON there is one more just in the recent past but I too have lost track of exactly who it was one of the moderators posted the information concerning his death I think it was voodoochy who posted the information concerning the other member just can't remember their username and I feel badly about that

Old 11-20-2007, 10:07 PM
Retired Administrator

Do we not want RIP? If not, what custom title can I give? Also, cbr1000marine does not have an avatar so I'm adding one to his account.

Old 11-20-2007, 10:10 PM
Friend and Hero ...

I think RIP would be appropriate Don myself being a man cut from similaar cloth it would be all I would ask for, for myself

Old 11-20-2007, 10:19 PM
Friend and Hero ...

I think for an avatar nothing less than the good old Eagle, Globe, and Anchor now if someone thinks there is something better than RIP let's hear it I will be the first to admit I'm not the best with words

Old 11-20-2007, 10:20 PM

Yeah, I don't know what I was thinking--nobody with RIP next to their name is going to post. I'm just dumb in the head I guess.

Aye then, of course RIP would be entirely appropriate.

If anyone needs an E, G, and A, maybe the CO will let us use his

Quick Reply: Administrator or Moderators Help PLEASE