Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Acura TL

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2007, 06:34 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Acura TL

ORIGINAL: cbr6oorr

why dont you get a dodge charger SRT-8
+1 to that.

Old 05-18-2007, 09:11 AM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for all the input so far.

PitV, what kind of MPGs are you getting, is it an auto or manual? Does the thing chew up tires since its front drive?

Old 05-18-2007, 11:58 AM

When I was looking at new cars lat summer I was torn between a new TL and a GTO, TLs are pimp as hell with nav and all the good sh*t, but i think they are like 39 and change for fully loaded. i went with GTO cuz its fast as hell and it was only 32, but still the TL is classy with a sporty feel.....

not to thread jack but..
Tank where did you go to school at?

Old 05-18-2007, 12:07 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: tank_900rr

ORIGINAL: hondadriver4life

ORIGINAL: tank_900rr

ORIGINAL: rrasco

I want a TL. Those things are freaking pimp. Do Acs have the same dependability we have come to trust from Honda?
The answer is yes. Acura islikea luxury Honda. Of course all decals say Acura cause it infact is an Acura(based onouter/interior design, features,ets.)but theentire power train(engine,tranny,ECM,etc.) is strictly Honda specs and manufactured. Go ahead and do this, go to an Acura dealer and pop the hood on any care and look at the valve cover "Honda motor co.".[sm=gears.gif]
thanks tank lol i was gonna be a little bit more harsh but yeah honda owns acura and that is there luxury line of automobiles.... long story short a friend of mine took his integra to a "mechanic" and told him he heard a knocking in the motor.... well the "mechanic" pops the hood and immediately says "well there is your problem: you need to put the acura motor back into the car and it should be fixed"... no joke.....
I am a certified mechanic myself(gas)and have an associates deg.in Automotive Technology(I no longer work in that field) but I still don't know it all. I can tell you that I do know enough to say that mechanic needs to be shot[sm=shootshoot.gif][sm=violent053.gif]Oh, and I'm sorry for answering the question, I thought it was a serious question.
I already knew that they were Honda, just didnt know if they were built the same as Hondas.

Old 05-18-2007, 12:14 PM

ORIGINAL: fishfryer527

Thanks for all the input so far.

PitV, what kind of MPGs are you getting, is it an auto or manual? Does the thing chew up tires since its front drive?
Well to a full tank it's like 320, takes super [:'(], manual, has about 30K and needs tires now. However, we were driving in the monsoon of rain and some SUV dumped a whole bunch of water over our hood and we just got the engine replaced w/ a new warranty....so the engine is new and the rest of the car has 30k on it. I do love the car, but it's out of our budget right now. We need to put money away for the wedding and the monthly payments on the TL are pricey! It makes sense for us to get rid of it.

Old 05-18-2007, 06:20 PM
VP

I'd go ahead and sell that bad boy pits... even if the engine was replaced under warnatee you're going to run into a whole heapload of problems pretty soon

Old 05-18-2007, 08:42 PM
Banned

We need to put money away for the wedding
Congrats.

Old 05-20-2007, 08:44 PM

Thought of the new TL-S? I love the TL, not just because I work at an Acura stealership up here either, haha.

I get to drive around customers and only one didn't like the TL her husband bought her, and it was because he got the automatic!

Old 05-21-2007, 12:10 AM
VP

those new TL-S automatics have paddle shifters though that's pretty tight