Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Absence Makes the Heart...

Old 11-09-2008, 07:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Absence Makes the Heart...

A little bit before the COLD cold hit, I took my back tire off of my bike. The center had a small line in it where threads were becoming visible, so I decided not to risk it. This was a good...2 months or so ago.

A little before I had taken the back tire off, I got a speeding ticket. Due to the fact I work a low pay job, I had NO money to spare for my tire while trying to pay my bike bill, and saving for my speeding ticket. That means I've not ridden my baby for 2 months!!! Not to mention my ticket got put back to December so I couldn't just get it done and over with and I'm still watching my spending due to it.

Just thought I would vent to you guys, I need friends, it's a lonely time for me without my baby

There's so much I want to do with her, get a nice new back tire on her, get her a new seat, some new grips. But alas I'm too poor for all this ambition for now. I miss her so bad right now, I want to ride even if it's 30 degrees outside.

Old 11-09-2008, 07:23 PM
Default RE: Absence Makes the Heart...

Dammit! The forum ate my post!!! Ok, short version...

Winter sucks, and we're (mostly) all dealing with it and can't ride anyway... so you're in the same boat.
Save $5-$10 a week, then by spring, you'll have the money. Keep it in a jar that you don't touch...seriously.

It'll all be fine, and spring will be here before you know it...

Old 11-09-2008, 08:36 PM

Oh I'm already limiting myself, I decided starting this week I'm not gonna spend more than $10 a week outside of gas (eat out too much, packing lunches and all now + living with rents doesn't hurt)

only problem is my $10 for the week is already gone since I pay-back treated my friend to breakfast at Bojangles this morning (he spotted me for dinner last night) and we took our remaining 1's and got cigs for the day

But as far as putting money aside right now, I can barely even do that, I'm just gonna give myself the $10 a week until I pay this damn ticket off. Soon as the ticket's out of the picture, I'll just go ahead and get the tire this winter, probably bundle up real good and ride as much as possible.

Old 11-09-2008, 08:46 PM

yeah, the worst part is recently, a couple days a week it will get up to the 70's or higher, perfect riding weather, and I can't do anything about it

Old 11-09-2008, 10:45 PM

ORIGINAL: CBRclassic

Anyone from the forum live close to you that may have a worn tyre to get rid of perhaps??
definitly a good idea seeing as when i got new rubber on my bike the shop made me pay for them to take my tires ($5 each) and the front probably had a good 1,000 mi left in it

Old 11-09-2008, 10:48 PM

Looks like you didnt get the R1?

Old 11-09-2008, 11:41 PM

nah, i posted up on that one that it turned out to be a scam after all, best one i've seen to date until the followup email, lol, now THAT was comical

Old 11-10-2008, 12:25 AM

hey man i hear you. there are alot of thing i want to do as well. but my wife lost her job so that is an extra 250 i have to pay a month on top of the credit card bills oooo wait all the bills hey but i see you are up in youngsville i am down here in jacksonville so when you get every thing figured out i will meet you 1/2 way in goldsboro.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Absence Makes the Heart...