Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

And...

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2010, 09:57 PM
Official Welcome Crew Redneck
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

im still fairly new to the bike scene but not to wrenchin on vehicles. some things you throw out there jsut to see if its something an OP didnt think of. often times its something simply overlooked perhaps. you dont necessarily need to be a race team crew cheif to give advice. jsut anything you think might help.

and honestly if a new member participates in a few threads outside of off topic, 100 isnt that demanding really. its not a race for the highest number, its about the help and commraderie (sp?) that helps your fellow red rider out. thats what this forum is supposed to be about. selling your crap is a bonus.

Last edited by Fearless4x4; 03-13-2010 at 10:00 PM.
Old 03-13-2010, 10:06 PM

hahahahahha don't take this the wrong way but i would have to say that off topic is my favorite place to post

Old 03-13-2010, 10:20 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Eliteedge0788
im not complaining nor am i taking up for anyone im just stating my opinion. im brand new to the whole motorcycle scene and for me to try and post advice to others imo is ridiculous... i do not know enough about bikes yet to give advice to others. therefore getting 100 posts im sure is going to take me a bit. (im not whining nor complaining just stating my opinon)
Ask questions.

Since Chainstretcher opened up the How To - Riding section, that's a great place to ask about what you don't know. Participate in the discussions there or start one of your own. Got a crazy idea about fixing something on your bike but don't want to annihilate / poison / annoy half your block? Ask for thoughts / opinions.

Or do like Juliet does and photograph / video tape your travels when you're riding. I've visited a fair number of places but I haven't been everywhere. Nobody has. And people enjoy seeing new places.

Old 03-13-2010, 10:36 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Some good points fearless/kuro.
Eliteedge, I can understand where you're coming from, you just have to find other ways to post instead of just strictly giving tech advice. Be creative.
Plus, if you have parts to sell I would think you'd have a little mechanical knowledge to share. Maybe? Hopefully?

Last edited by kilgoretrout; 03-13-2010 at 10:39 PM.
Old 03-13-2010, 10:58 PM
Official Welcome Crew Redneck

hahahahahha don't take this the wrong way but i would have to say that off topic is my favorite place to post

probably for me as well. hehehe

Old 03-13-2010, 11:14 PM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Fearless4x4
probably for me as well. hehehe

That's unfortunate because the post count is not affected by posts in off topic or the classifieds areas

Basically, we're just asking you to treat the people here like you would the people you know in real life. Most people wouldn't go hawking their stuff to someone they just met ... and if they did the sellee would prolly think it odd. Having a forum as helpful and easy to be a part of as CBRF has the disadvantage of making peeps lose sight that this is the internet and some folks wanna take your money. Also, when you need a part cause your bike doesn't run there is often a desperation factor. In 11 months of having this policy I've had no peeps PM me about getting ripped off on a sale at CBRF . So the policy stays. We have had a few get scammed from the parts wanted section. All the bad guys had fewer than 10 posts and were PMing the person looking for a part.

Old 03-14-2010, 03:22 AM

why are people so desperate to sell on cbrforum.com? they put so much energy into it; and yet they could just ebay or craiglist. I would gather that it would be much easier to sell on ebay than here. More traffic, streamlined payment, etc.

Thus, the more desperate these guys are trying to sell makes it real fishy (IMO).

Old 03-14-2010, 05:56 AM

why are people so desperate to sell on cbrforum.com? they put so much energy into it; and yet they could just ebay or craiglist. I would gather that it would be much easier to sell on ebay than here. More traffic, streamlined payment, etc.

Thus, the more desperate these guys are trying to sell makes it real fishy (IMO).
^^^This is exactly what I was thinking reading these posts.

Old 03-14-2010, 12:19 PM
Retired Moderator & The Big Deal

I just wanted to be in this thread. hi