Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

And...

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2010, 12:03 AM
Registered Users
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default And...

It says there will be no exceptions to the policies. It doesn't say anything about discussing the policies. So am I violating any rules? So no matter what, I'm stuck not being able to post in the Classifieds section. I don't have time to post 70 more comments, and I'm not sure what the deal is but my comment amount is not growing either (Maybe I need to post in a different section). I think that 50 posts would be a little more reasonable though. You can get a lot done in 50 posts! Anyway, I appreciate the polite response! Thank you all for your input!

Old 03-13-2010, 12:06 AM
Official Welcome Crew Redneck

the posts in off topic dont count towards your post count.

better off just letting it go brother, before you have to re-register again and start all over because you got banned.

Old 03-13-2010, 12:20 AM
Registered Users

It still doesn't when I post other places. Does it have to be in specific discussion threads? I technically can't get banned for discussing this other than for the fact that it will annoy one of the mods. So in reality it would be a personal issue with one of the mods, and by banning me would be abusing their power. But they can do whatever they want I guess. But whatever. If nobody wants to hear about this then there is not much that can be done, I haven't been on in a long time and a bit has changed, but I think there will still be problems. Oh well...

Old 03-13-2010, 12:26 AM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

better off just letting it go brother, before you have to re-register again and start all over because you got banned.
Good advice.
Although I don't think it's gonna be as simple as a re-register.

You've had plenty of warnings, bud. Now cut it out.

Old 03-13-2010, 04:16 AM

Originally Posted by kilgoretrout
Good advice.
Although I don't think it's gonna be as simple as a re-register.

You've had plenty of warnings, bud. Now cut it out.
Owned! Sorry could not help myself. Your beating a dead horse here. Just drop it and move on before some really ill shyt happens like banishment to your mothers basement. Sorry once again I could not help myself. Just let it go.

Old 03-13-2010, 07:03 AM

They aren't trying to silence you on this issue it is just that it has been discussed ad-neauseum.

Your point is valid that there are some good members on here that might not have 100 posts and definitely aren't scamming threats, BUT the mods have done what they feel is an appropriate action to minimize people getting ripped off.

Other alternatives either aren't feasible or are too cumbersome to undertake so a simple and effective solution (for the vast majority) has been created. Give em some slack - at least they are trying to protect the community.

Old 03-13-2010, 08:02 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

.Nobody gets banned for having an opinion, and voicing it...........
As has been said the rule on 100 posts is there to protect the members from "fly by night" unscrupulous types who prey on forums and gullible people to make a buck, posing as honest Honda owners.
Post numbers won't move in Off Topic or Classifieds, because we feel that it would be too simple for anyone to dump 100 posts in these, and then be able to use the Classifieds as a dumping ground.
It is the most practical way to control the classifieds and ensure that we at least have some idea who the seller is before parting with our hard-earned bucks.
Your point is valid that there are some good members on here that might not have 100 posts and definitely aren't scamming threats, BUT the mods have done what they feel is an appropriate action to minimize people getting ripped off.

Other alternatives either aren't feasible or are too cumbersome to undertake so a simple and effective solution (for the vast majority) has been created. Give em some slack - at least they are trying to protect the community.

These quotes are quite correct and thanks to those of you who took the time to explain to our member, that in the end, we have his best interests at heart, even though it may not look like it right now.

Oh and if for some reason you were banned, you would have to have a new computer and e-mail support too.
Anything that came from your original numbers wouldn't work. Banned, means banned, period. Gone forever.
Getting out of your mother's basement ain't nuthin by comparison, believe me.
We don't just go and ban members - however anyone whose intent is purely to use the forum for their own gains, has no business coming here. Spammers get banned immediately, and for life.
Hope this puts what we as Mods are trying to do in perspective, even if it isn't what you wanted to hear.....
Shadow

Last edited by Shadow; 03-13-2010 at 08:11 AM.
Old 03-13-2010, 09:57 AM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow, Pete! You feelin' ok? Did you win the lottery or somethin'? Maybe just recently hooked up with a beautiful blonde?

I was gonna go into the whole explanation again, but I figured after 3 closed complaint threads the 4th was just a little much. (Especially considering that nobody even closed or deleted his FS thread or this one....)
I even let steve know that in all fairness, his final warning couldn't be seen by the intended recipient. I thought that was pretty nice of me, but then you go and "one up" me with kindness....
I shall call you Saint Peter!!

To the OP, these rules aren't here to pick on you, man... and believe it or not they seem to be working as intended. 100 posts really isn't hard to do, either.

Old 03-13-2010, 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by Shadow
Oh and if for some reason you were banned, you would have to have a new computer and e-mail support too.
Anything that came from your original numbers wouldn't work.
or a simple proxy would do oops didnt mean to leak that info LOL

Old 03-13-2010, 10:44 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Bojak - first off this isn't a personal attack.....................
I've read back through your posts, and if you're not WHINING about not having 100 posts, you're posting adverts in direct contravention of the rules.
If I see another attempt of any kind from you to sell parts in any
section of the forum, before you reach 100 posts.
I will ban your ***.
You have been deliberately flouting the rules by posting adverts in the 600 section, despite knowing the rules.

I'm now putting you on Mod approval, which means that your posts will be seen only by the Mods and Admin, and if they feel it's not breaking the rules, then and only then will the post be available to the members to read.

I now understand I was being too kind to you - now I will certainly correct that impression.

You brought this on yourself. AND I will be reducing your post count by the number you have made directly relating to whining or selling parts, WHICH IS MOST OF THEM....24 by my count.
You're not a real member of this forum which I now see, you're just here to sell parts........
Conform or be gone, muppet !

Oh and Andyriot - not a wise suggestion, and it won't work - we have ways..........

Last edited by Shadow; 03-13-2010 at 12:28 PM.