Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

@#$(*&@#$_) illinois

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2011, 02:43 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default @#$(*&@#$_) illinois

Got a violation notice in the mail for burning some tolls... whoops... now I owe 60 some dollars. :-/ I hate going to that damn state.

On the bright side.... With the help of a new friend in MI and my ex bf's dad... got my bike going again. Took the battery out and took it to a friend... He said since it's a glass mat battery it needs a special charger?? I dunno, but those terminals on there are retarded... everything under that seat is such a clusterfuvk... but anyway.. she fired right up and I rode her to work. Got sprayed with that pothole filler sh*t on the way there.. and it sprinkled a lil, but I just wiped my seat off before I left and that was that. Took it to my dad's house.. hopefully he can resume working on it.

Also got my lifetime gun permit. Yay me.

Supposed to be kinda crappy this week. Glad to get my bike out for the first time today... :-) My mom got me some mink oil for my jacket so while I'm waiting for better weather again I'll treat my jacket..

Missin my cbrf buddies. ;-)

Old 03-18-2011, 06:28 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by meggers
Also got my lifetime gun permit. Yay me.
congrats meggers ! great feelin to pack legit ...

Old 03-18-2011, 09:25 AM

Love Chicago, hate the tolls. Last time I was there went through three of the coin only ones...with absolutely no change in the car. Then it was a nightmare trying to pay online.

Old 03-18-2011, 03:00 PM

Yeah once you get out of Chicago it's tolls galore... I didn't know if I had enough change... but I will prob get an I-zoom now... cause it was .80 a toll and 20$ fee for each one I went through..

But I'm just gonna stay out of illinois for awhile. I don't see why every single road has to be a toll road. Lame. Such an inconvenience if you don't have an I-pass. :-/

Old 03-18-2011, 07:46 PM

Good to know you got your bike running!

Old 03-18-2011, 09:38 PM

I drove from Minneapolis to DC last October. Ive been to Chicago before, but never past.

I was astounded how many ****in toll roads there are between Chicago and DC.

Awesome drive though.

Old 03-19-2011, 02:57 AM

gun permit as in concealed weapon?

i was thinking of taking a weekend class so its over and done with, its about $240 total for me here i think, including paying a $70 dollar fine at my local police station

Old 03-19-2011, 09:36 AM

Meggers, your from NW In, So am i. Every time i go to Chicago i just take 41 thru schererville, thru highland thru east chicago, and soooo on it takes maybe 75min to get up there but you dont have to worry about tolls!!!!! and you end up going thru lake shore drive (and at night the it looks awesome) then your free from tolls to ride anywhere in the city you want to

Old 03-19-2011, 09:09 PM

Reviling, we don't have to conceal in Indiana, but not many people open carry... I can't remember if I have ever seen anyone open carry actually. I just had to pay 50 locally plus another five for the money order.. and then the state fee was 75, but for another 10 or so I got my prints taken electronically so it only took 2 weeks or so to get my permit instead of months.... And this is for lifetime. Did not have to take a class. I went shooting with a very knowledgeable friend, but he stopped talking to me out of the blue..... so I might consider taking a class when I have some more money or just finding another friend. hahaha

Smokeeater: Hey awesome... where are you from!?! I think you are the closest person I have found on the forum yet.

It's not Chicago that's the problem really... it's getting the all the suburbs: Naperville, Schaumburg, Downers Grove... all those places.. the tolls are pretty hefty. I really wish I would've stopped now. I thought I would get away with it cause I have before and it was dark and rainy... but they got a picture of my plate anyway.

Old 03-20-2011, 11:29 AM

Merrillville

Quick Reply: @#$(*&@#$_) illinois