Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

929 vs gsxr

Old 02-13-2005, 10:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 929 vs gsxr

just got my 929rr remapped and wouldnt you know it, the guy that did it said to me, thats going to be so fast man bla bla bla. but you wont ever be faster then a gsxr 750. is it just me, i just cant stand gsxrs. you know they are nice but it seems like you give someone a gsxr and they think that it cant be touched. when ever i get around a group of riders it always comes up. i had a buddy with one tell an r1 rider, man my bike would smoke yours, i dont know, maybe its just me. there has to be atleast one other guy out there in va. i tried to get gxr htr on my tag and it was take.

Old 02-13-2005, 11:28 PM
Default RE: 929 vs gsxr

I know what you mean, I was just at a party last night and a bunch of guys were there talking about their bikes. Most of them had gsxr's, the one idiot said he has a 1992 gsxr 750 and that he doesn't know why anyone would want a CBR. He went on to say that the CBR 954 has nothing on his bike and that he could smoke it. This guy just made me want to throw up, what is it with GSXR riders, do they need to put all other bikes down to make them feel better about their own bike. By the way I have no problems with GSXR's, I just prefer Honda. Everybody has their own preference on what bike they like the best, but they should not go around and put everything else down. Just let people enjoy what they have and enjoy the ride.

Old 02-14-2005, 12:10 AM

well are they even close to right? I mean... c'mon... its got 150 cc's more... shouldnt the cbr's they are talking about be faster... ??

either way... if you gotta brag-up about your bike, your not going to get respected by any of the 'true' riders... let them play with their "toys" we will ride our finely tuned machines...

dont sweat it... people will be people [:@]

Chris

Old 02-14-2005, 02:16 AM
L8X

sorry dude, as much as I like my honda, gsxrs are just generally more torquey. it'll whup your butt in a straight. but thats not the true measure of anything anways. it's always been the rider, plain and simple.

Old 03-07-2005, 03:33 PM

I thought we just agreed not to talk **** and enjoy the ride. There are the same problems in car forums with the import domestic crap and I hate it. If you are a car or bike enthousiast (sp) and you enjoy taking care of and riding/driving your vehicle I am here to chill but if you are here to brag or start GSXR CBR arguments go to hell.

Thanks
Tbone

Old 03-08-2005, 12:16 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A fellow rider that I ride with most of the time rides an '03 GSX-R 750 that he's been riding for 27k miles now. I just bought an '01 CBR 929RR in January and of course...the first day we pulled aside each other (before we started ridin' together) at work, fellow Devil Dogs were asking who would get who in a race. I said nothing. My fellow rider told them hands down that my 929 would beat his 750 any day. I have nothing against GSX-R. As a matter of fact, I was looking for a GSX-R when I ran into my CBR. I am much more pleased with the CBR now that I've met other GSX-R riders. I've raced my fellow rider many times and I blow him away like it's cool. Other riders see me ride and can't believe the raw power of a Honda. Stay true to CBR. It's true, GSX-R's do have more torque, but raw power is just that...raw power! Don't believe the hype! It's gonna come down to the rider in the end but 150cc+ is nothing anyone can put down. Keep huggin'!

Old 03-08-2005, 02:22 PM

well T BONE, im to sure how you got to this web site, as i look up at the top, i beieve its got a big picture of a honda cbr.
just checking to see if you noticed that. you can pretend that in a perfect world it dosent hapen but lets be real. ive not run across but 2 riders on gsxrs that didnt start out the conversation with wanna race.
its true lets just ride and have fun but its sometimes hard when you have a gsxr rider with a mouth louder then his pipe.

Old 03-08-2005, 11:29 PM

yeah but theses arguments are a stupid waste of breath, no one will ever win them. I understand that some GSXR owners havea loud mouth. They remind me of supra owners, I try not to concentrate on them. my additude is just deal with it let them be them ( shows a real insecurity complex if you want my honest opinion) so why waste OUR time, If we need to put them in there place once in a while just do it and dont say anything your CBR said enough.

Thanks
Tbone

Old 03-09-2005, 10:18 PM

well tbone. when i got an e mail today that said you had responded to my post i thought, great here we go..... after reading it i was very suprised at your thinking, thats what makes motorcycle riders differant then others, it was nice to read and you know what, your right. i can think of a few times i have bragged a little bit as well and it is about just having fun. i just wanted to say thanks for giving me a new way of looking at things. my buddy is still an *** with a gsxr but now that i think of it he was an as with an r1 last year

Old 03-10-2005, 09:49 PM

personally i think racing ( straight ways) on bikes are just dumb because like MapJr said it all comes down to the rider. i dont think you could possiblly ride any bike to its full potential. I have an 2002 F4i and i completely satisfied with it, reguardless of the bike next to me might be a 900rr or 1000rr. I honestly dont care. any of these bikes is going to be fast, it just depends on the whose riding it.

-Tom-

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 929 vs gsxr