Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

9-11

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2009, 12:43 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default 9-11

I'd just like to say that, even if many of us on this Forum aren't from the US, we grieve with you, and stand with you. Always
And we are many.

Old 09-11-2009, 12:55 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can't tell you how much I appreciate that friend. I've been so buried in work and (horsing around here for release and camaraderie) that the date snuck up on me. Haven't been paying attention to the news, or I would have known.

That makes me feel bad. I'm certain I will be remembering in the morning. Good night.

Old 09-11-2009, 02:30 AM
Official CBRF Welcome Crew Undercover Agent
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Old 09-11-2009, 02:44 AM

911, nerver forget,& those who was lost, you will never be forgoten.
GOD BLESS

Old 09-11-2009, 03:45 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I always consider this the day that the world lost its innocence & that this type horror can happen any where & to anyone. The images are as palpable today as they where then.
I will never forget.

Old 09-11-2009, 09:14 AM
Retired Moderator & The Big Deal

Wish we still mourned Pearl Harbor the way we do 9/11. We still bring it up but not as much as we should.

The Infamy Speech was delivered at 12:30 pm on December 8, 1941, by United States President Franklin D. Roosevelt, one day after the Empire of Japan's attack on Pearl Harbor Naval Base, Hawaii.

This line is remembered the most.
Yesterday, December 7th, 1941 — a date which will live in infamy — the United States of America was suddenly and deliberately attacked by naval and air forces of the Empire of Japan.

I would suggest we not only remember 9/11 but what makes this entire country and through it the entire world great.
The people willing to sacrifice themselves to better the entire world.

Old 09-11-2009, 09:34 AM

I remember being staggered by my realization that there were people out there somewhere who were so filled with hate that they chose the destruction of innocents to make their mark in the world.

Last edited by JHouse; 09-11-2009 at 04:49 PM.
Old 09-11-2009, 12:00 PM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Wish we still mourned Pearl Harbor the way we do 9/11. We still bring it up but not as much as we should.

I think the primary difference between Pearl Harbor and 9-11 is that Japan attacked the military installations on Hawaii, with regular airforce in uniform.....and the other attack was by civilians, who carry no national flag, and make war on innocent civilians.
As far as I know more people were lost in 9-11 than on Hawaii as well.............
The attack on Pearl was despicable, true, and was the precursor to war, as was 9-11.
But as has been said, one life lost is too many.

Old 09-11-2009, 03:55 PM

i can still remember sitting in my freshman US history class that morning. We were getting ready to watch some video when the teacher turned the tv on, it was on cnn, it was just a shot of the smoke pouring out of the building. It was just after the first plane struck, so we obviously continued watching and a few minutes later we saw the other plane come into the picture and strike. I will never forget that day, or the way i felt seeing that plane crash into the building live.