Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

600 deters theft.

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2010, 08:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

had my f4i stolen from my condo. i had no security but i did have insurance. they picked 6 bikes that night all over a few towns. scopped them out ahead of time. caught the bastard 2 days later. now hes sitting in state prison for the next 10 years.

my 600rr has a cover with an alarm. a scorpio alarm. and 2 big freakin chains through it to a light poll. and i park under a light next to my car. if you walk close enough to attepmt to cut the chains, my prox. sensor goes off and my 2 way pager starts to alert me. and i come out with a bat.

both chains are very shinny and noticeable. unless a thief really wants my bike the ****** and grabbers will just move on to the next one. elsewise they really gotta destroy the bike to take it away. thats when my insurance will cover me.

Old 04-29-2010, 09:11 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah I remember seeing the guy's mugshot on the news dohcdelsol.

Old 04-30-2010, 07:48 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well i went to home depot and bought the thickest chain they had. I got two 5 foot sections and two huge locks.

I felt better when the guy had to bring the hydraulic press to cut the chain. I have one chain thru the front and around a pole and the same with the back. I had to put socks over the chain so it wont mess up my rims. Does anyone know where i can get a plastic sleve to go over a chain? the socks wont stay in place. lol

Old 04-30-2010, 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by CBRfenatic93
Well i went to home depot and bought the thickest chain they had. I got two 5 foot sections and two huge locks.

I felt better when the guy had to bring the hydraulic press to cut the chain. I have one chain thru the front and around a pole and the same with the back. I had to put socks over the chain so it wont mess up my rims. Does anyone know where i can get a plastic sleve to go over a chain? the socks wont stay in place. lol
I'm surprised Home Depot doesn't sell chain sleeves, honestly.

I never like the idea of locks since they're always your weakest link. I get the braided steel chains with the "built in" lock that you can't cut, with the carbon fiber sleeves.

Also, you need to be locking down your frame, not your rims.

Old 04-30-2010, 08:26 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by johnnyx
I'm surprised Home Depot doesn't sell chain sleeves, honestly.

I never like the idea of locks since they're always your weakest link. I get the braided steel chains with the "built in" lock that you can't cut, with the carbon fiber sleeves.

Also, you need to be locking down your frame, not your rims.

Ive got to find a good way to chain the frame without it getting scuffed up. The new 09s have so much plastic its hard to see the frame. Im moving to a new apartment today so hopefully they have better security.

Oh yeah. UPDATE. The total comes to 14 bikes stolen in the shreveport, bossier city area. The camera at our apartment hadnt been working since the 7th and thats around the time people saw a gold truck driving around the parking lot slowly. So everyone is thinking they cut the wires. But whoever they are they pulled off a gone in 60 seconds move.

Old 04-30-2010, 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by Kuroshio
Yeah I remember seeing the guy's mugshot on the news dohcdelsol.
oh yeah, well you dont gotta worry for the next 10 years bout him. now there going after several other ppl in the ring. theres like 13 total, few blk, few hispanic, and one white guy that fled the area before they could catch up to him. theres a warrent out for his arrest.

OP: I know theres a rubber dipping thing you can do for coating the chain. or get the undercoating spray can they sell at autozone or pepboys or napa and spray the chain. it lays down thick and its rubbery so wnt scratch it up.

Old 04-30-2010, 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by dohcdelsol
oh yeah, well you dont gotta worry for the next 10 years bout him. now there going after several other ppl in the ring. theres like 13 total, few blk, few hispanic, and one white guy that fled the area before they could catch up to him. theres a warrent out for his arrest.

OP: I know theres a rubber dipping thing you can do for coating the chain. or get the undercoating spray can they sell at autozone or pepboys or napa and spray the chain. it lays down thick and its rubbery so wnt scratch it up.
Well considering my bike is right outside my bedroom window and they'd have to make a considerable amount of noise getting through the gate (aka: ramming speed), I'm fairly certain I'm in the clear to flip the safety off my .380

And when I'm not home and the bike is, I chain it either to my F3 or to the hitch of one of those things they tar roofs with. It ain't going nowhere with flat tires

Old 04-30-2010, 08:00 PM

i've got a 600 and a naner seat, so i could park mine anywhere and no body would want to steal my slow bike
Does anyone know where i can get a plastic sleve to go over a chain? the socks wont stay in place. lol
plasti dip

Old 04-30-2010, 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by usetheffours
i've got a 600 and a naner seat, so i could park mine anywhere and no body would want to steal my slow bike

plasti dip
Hate to tell you but there is always someone willing to steal anything not nailed down.

Bunch of teens looking for a joyride

Old 04-30-2010, 10:34 PM

bottom line if a thief wants something so bad that he will go to all lengths to get it. nothing is bullet proof. we can only make it harder to get.

Quick Reply: 600 deters theft.