Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

6 pack baby!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2009, 11:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 6 pack baby!!!

how about those steelers. i thought it was a good game all around. both teams played really well when they had to.

Old 02-02-2009, 01:55 AM

to bad the cards couldnt pull it off :P lol. o well. I win and i'm glad it went to pittsburgh. what a game though

Old 02-02-2009, 08:21 AM

I am so glad the steelers won. What a good game and its even better that my steelers pulled it out. I dont know about you guys but I cant stand penalties having such a huge impact.. At some point they need to just let the guys play. I wasnt going for the cards but even the roughing the passer penalty they called on the cards was a litttle ehhh. But overall an excellent game.

GO STEELERS!

Old 02-02-2009, 08:50 AM

yeap i did not watch it nor did i want to. heard it was good ill just take there word for it. i was at work anyways.

Go Jeff Gordon!!!!

Old 02-02-2009, 09:58 AM
Retired Moderator & The Big Deal

Well the Steelers can't lose when the ref's are rigging the game so badly, the best part of the game was when they couldn't get in from the 3 yard line in SIX tries because they got so many penalty free plays.

It was a good game but it was kinda silly how badly the ref's called the game.

Remember that intentional grounding they didnt call because the cardinal "touched" Toothlessburger and so they called the 15 yard roughing on him? LOL I almost turned the TV off that was so funny.

Old 02-02-2009, 11:11 AM

Well the Steelers can't lose when the ref's are rigging the game so badly, the best part of the game was when they couldn't get in from the 3 yard line in SIX tries because they got so many penalty free plays.
Everytime a team wins some1 is always giving the win to referees.. Refs are part of the game as are penalties. There were some bad calls, as there are in every game. Cant argue the fact that the Steelers won that game on their own. The refs didnt score the GW touchdown with 35 seconds left.

Old 02-02-2009, 02:51 PM

What I want to know is why the last played was not reviewed by the booth. It was a forward pass but ruled as a fumble? when earlier in the game it was less clear that it was a forward pass and they gave it to the Cards

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRHvm52T_WE

Old 02-03-2009, 08:18 AM

The league already reviewed it and the refs made the correct call. It was not a forward pass, it was a fumble.

Old 02-03-2009, 02:01 PM
Retired Moderator & The Big Deal

Originally Posted by cbrsix
The league already reviewed it and the refs made the correct call. It was not a forward pass, it was a fumble.
LOL the "league reviewed it"

Well no kidding they did. The day AFTER the superbowl. and no **** they are going to say "Hey we agree with the ref's" the NFL wont ever say. "oh damn we messed up and the bigist game of the year .. we got it wrong!!.

They should have just done it in the game.. it can't hurt. I dont care one way or another on the last call because the odds of making a 50 yard touchdown pass and wining are silly. BUT if it was a forward pass, or it wasn't doesn't matter. with 4 seconds left on the clock. what does it hurt to review it?

And for the person that said something about the penalities being fair... Rofl.

this was the second most penalized Superbowl in history.

Old 02-03-2009, 02:33 PM

The cards should have won. If it would not have been for the interception returned for a touchdown at the end of the second quarter they would have won easily. That was atleast a 10 point swing. Oh well... all I wanted was a good game and I got it!

Quick Reply: 6 pack baby!!!