Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

The 44th Hour (Pulled an All Nighter)

Old 04-25-2008, 04:38 AM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The 44th Hour (Pulled an All Nighter)

Well, I'm f***ing exhausted, but it's my own damn doing. I am nearing the end of my Spring classes, and a major team project is due for submission today....well, a portion of it anyway. This portion was assigned Tuesday and with work, other classes, and previous committments, I truly haven't had time to work on this until last night. Sooooo, instead of working hard I decided to play poker with the boys....and I'm only up $20, which I suppose is better than losing but you'd think that if I were going to blow off school work it would be a little more worth my while. We play for $20 a game...I lost the first game and split the 2nd game heads-up. Afterwards, at about 12:30, I decided I wanted to take a late night bike ride. I did a little 20 or 30 mile sprint around town, and then went home. Probably got settled down to start working at about 1:30. So, here I am at 5:42, finally done....and about to be on my 24th hour in about 45 minutes. I was considering calling off work, but there is too damn much going on and there no way I could do it. At best, I can probably take off early, but even still, I'm going to hit 30 hours on this little venture. It's been awhile since I've pulled one of these sleepless nights. Needless to say, I'm driving the car today as I will not touch my bike now that I am this exhausted. Anyway, that's my story. Some details were omitted because I got tired of typing this.

*EDITTED TO UPDATE SUBJECT*

Old 04-25-2008, 09:26 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: The 24th Hour (Pulled an All Nighter)

Learn to be a better poker player, Shoortbus, and you can do it all and still get some sleep !
Good idea to leave the bike at home, even better to have got a lift in to work.......
Go to BED, nutcase ! he he

Old 04-25-2008, 09:35 AM
Friend and Hero ...
Default RE: The 24th Hour (Pulled an All Nighter)

Just stay focused and keep moving you'll be fine today Airmen know you probably did some hard party and heavy late-night exercise LOL while on active duty and reported in the next day. Same Thing
Arehash here on this myself

Sleep deprivation training was standard as part of our advanced training. When I was an instructor, I was up physically moving for long periods of time. Personal best is 105 hours. It is a myth that we actually go somewhere and hit the rack. And it's more about being coherent and the able to carry out assigned tasks and being able to recall details and physically function at some level of effectiveness. I have for some quiet time operated on numerous occasions, at 56 hours with no rest. At peak performance INDOC is 48 hours long for the individuals being evaluated your day starts and ends long after their. So just stay focused. And I know you'll be okay
BTW.
Someone else was going to try this what happened
https://cbrforum.com/m_516922/mpage_1/key_/tm.htm

Old 04-25-2008, 01:45 PM
Banned
Default RE: The 32nd Hour (Pulled an All Nighter)

Just past the 32 hour mark. I bought a 4 pack of Red Bull on my way to work and have been spacing them out...I'd love to go to bed when I get home, but Penguins 2nd round playoff opener is tonight and I'm going....no time for naps...I figure by the time that ends and I get to bed eventually, I should be at about 40-41. I meet even grow a real set and go out tonight...maybe I can hit that 48 hour mark. I'm no Marine, but 48 hours would be my personal best.

Just on a side note, though I feel spacy, the Red Bull and Arizona RX Energy and Full Throttles are doing their job...I'm functioning.

Oh, and the kicker of the story...the project I spent all night doing got it's due date pushed to Tuesday....SH#T!!!

Old 04-25-2008, 01:57 PM
Banned
Default RE: The 32nd Hour (Pulled an All Nighter)

I love the RedBull but you have signed your own sleep warrant!

Old 04-26-2008, 01:10 AM
Banned
Default RE: The 44th Hour (Pulled an All Nighter)

Finally, my sleepless adventure has an end in sight. I got home from work....and my new T-Rex stands had arrived...good deal.

So I put those together and leave immediately for the Penguins game. F***ing reeady to pass over at this point. For those who watched this gamne....there's not need to explain further....I woke up. AMAZING COMEBACK!!!

So I had a few beers at the game, and me and my cuz Bill\ are f***ing stoked, so we decide to leave the game and get drunk. I'm somewhat hesitant as I know I need a bed, but I said to hell with it.

So we go to the bar, and as I sober up, my hands begin shaking and my extremities began to feel numb. This is now officially the longest i have ever been awake for a consecutive period of time. As of right now, I'm at 44 hours. I would love to keep going and try to impress HARDCORP, but I'm not cut out for it....that's why I joined the Air Force. I'm a little buzzed, but at this piont I can't tlel the difference between delirium caused by exhaustion and drunkeness.

I' m thorwing in the towel now....the game is over, and though I'd have loved to have made 48 hours, I don't have it in me. I have pictures of myself and of the game that I will post when I'm more cappabel of doing so. But as for now, It's lights out time. good f***ing n\ight

Old 04-26-2008, 03:09 AM

I work 3rd shift, so when i have off I always am up for like 40 hrs. straight, so I just have to get used to it.

Old 04-26-2008, 03:19 AM
Banned

In my fourth semester in college the new sheriff decided, mid-term, to go to 12 hour shifts. I was doing12 hours a week and working 12 hour, staggeredshifts. Meaning, one week I worked Mon/Tue had Wed/Thur off and worked Fri/Sat/Sun. The next week I would have Mon/Tue off, work Wed/Thur and have Fri/Sat/Sun off.

Sounds good in theory, and you ended up only working 15 days a month... BUT, good luck in trying to get anything done during those weeks you worked 5 days. It got brutal trying to do that and class...

Maybe I'm a chauncey.

Old 04-26-2008, 07:16 PM
Friend and Hero ...

No need to try to impress anyone just glad you were able to accomplish what you needed to do and did not fall asleep at the wheel or injure yourself in anyway

Old 04-26-2008, 07:37 PM

That lack of sleep is liking being drunk behind the wheel. If anybody does this..I'm tellin ya, your a loaded gun on two wheels. This is why they have duty time limitations on pilots <myself>. After 12 hours in the air, Im exhausted [sm=sleeping.gif]

RED [sm=smiley20.gif]

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: The 44th Hour (Pulled an All Nighter)