Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

29 Reasons to hate the Bugatti Veyron

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2007, 08:29 PM
VP
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 29 Reasons to hate the Bugatti Veyron

In lieu of the recent listing of "why men suck" and "why women suck" I have compiled a list of reasons why the Bugatti Veyron sucks. K0NPHL1C7 this is for you!

I know I'll get hell for this sooner or later, but let me be the first to say... I hate this huge piece of crap.

1. There is such thing as a turbo Super Car. What more do I need to say? Oh that's right, there is a limit of 2 turbos per super car.
2. The Veyron barely beats out the Mclaren F1 (which I might add is 12 years old).
3. The Veyron actually has more weight over its rear axle than the entire Mclaren F1 weighs.
4. There are 16 cylinders.
5. Seriously.
6. And 4 Turbos.
7. And an automatic transmission.
8. Oh, and it has options for Carbon Fiber French Fry holders (which cost 50,000 pounds whatever that works out to in Dollars I don't know cuz I don't care).
9. It costs 1.2 Million dollars.
10. There are plans to make a convertible version.
11. The freakin car looks TERRIBLE! It looks like it got smashed up against a wall just before they got done designing it, and nobody noticed.
12. Volkswagon's own insurance agency won't insure it. 13. It will only hold the record for the fastest car in the world until the Koenigsegg CCX actually gets a recognized test, at which time the Veyron will be worthless.
14. Will they let Top Gear test it on their track? No! Why not? Because they know it is a worthless, huge, piece of crap. It probably wouldn't even post top 10 times on their chart because not even the Stig could get it around the track in less than 2 minutes.
15. The engine is completely exposed to the elements all the time for "engine cooling reasons".
16. In other words, even though it has 10 (that's right---10) fans to cool the brakes, engine, transmission, and produce downforce they STILL have to leave the engine open to get water damage and probably void the warantee.
17. It only comes in two-tone colors. If you want one color you have to pay to get both colors to be the same.
18. Tom Cruise has one (uck).
19. A broken turn signal well set you back 10,000 pounds!
20. To get to the supposed top speed you have to pull over, turn a key at the footrest to "top speed mode", then proceed to drive in a straight line without touching the brakes or else it goes back into "sport mode".
21. What's the difference in speeds? 30 mph. Seriously. You can go 220mph in regular mode but to get to 250 you have to pull over and restart the car.
22. At full throttle it gets 2.1 mpg. With a 100 liter tank that will take you for a 50 mile trip.
23. At top speed you will run out of gas in less than 13 minutes.
24. The Mclaren F1 has a much better power to weight ratio with 400 less horse power!
25. The Mclaren F1 could reach 250mph with less than 770 HP.
26. The Ultima GTR is half a second faster from 0-100-0 and costs 1/12 as much as the Veyron.
27. If US smart airbag regulation actually does gets approved, Bugatti WILL go out of business. Again.
28. It weighs 4299 pounds .
29.Gordon Murray, designer and owner of his own Mclaren F1, has this to say, 'The most pointless exercise on the planet has got to be this four-wheel-drive 1000 horsepower Bugatti.'

Feel free to give me your feelings on this subject. [/align]

Old 01-25-2007, 08:37 PM
Default RE: 29 Reasons to hate the Bugatti Veyron

umm, your not buying the car for performance obviously...

its called a status symbol...its like a ferrari or lambo...its not because they are the fastest things alive, its because its a ferrari..meh

Old 01-25-2007, 08:44 PM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well.... when you have the money to buy one i think then your opionon will count.. i am still trying to figure out why you would even think nor post this

Old 01-25-2007, 08:46 PM

uh... #1 reason is becuase I can't F'n afford one!

Old 01-25-2007, 08:51 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: txmorgan

ya pretty much only reason to "hate" this car... maybe a few to dislike it.. but i think you are not a man if you "hate" this car

Old 01-25-2007, 09:02 PM
VP

ORIGINAL: bobjoezx

ORIGINAL: txmorgan

ya pretty much only reason to "hate" this car... maybe a few to dislike it.. but i think you are not a man if you "hate" this car
Well I can assure you Mr. Bob Joe ZX Supreme Man of all things Testosterone, that with wayyyyy less than $1.2 million I could make a car that goes really fast in a straight line.

Signed, Ms. Vpsophmore

Old 01-25-2007, 09:39 PM
Banned

well i hope so.. take a used F body for 10k.. put 25K and it would most likely beat that car in a straightline

Old 01-25-2007, 09:41 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

It's all good. The 30th reason should be:
It dethroned the F1

31.MOST of the bikes here can still hand its butt to it in a drag race
32.More than half will end up in the Middle East to be used in suicide attacks against other people in the middle east. Dumb.
Anybody remember the Lambo diablo suv? only 513 made, 15 to the us, 15 to Italy, 10 to england, 1 to france and 3 to germany, the rest: Saudi Arabia. What is the freaking point?
33.The BEST reason My wife thinks its uglylol
Have fun guys, just messin.

Old 01-25-2007, 10:09 PM

Yes it's an ugly car,.. is it? http://www.bugatti-configurator.com/bugatti_en.html well, if i had money that could be ONE of many cars that i could have, also the F1, and more for my collection.
[sm=gears.gif]

Old 01-25-2007, 10:58 PM

IMO, the MclarenF1 is the most badarse car out there.

Quick Reply: 29 Reasons to hate the Bugatti Veyron