Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

$200.00 a month for insurance.

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2008, 11:42 AM
RCR
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: $200.00 a month for insurance.

ORIGINAL: crashkhanman

ORIGINAL: RCR

No joke ( for above replies)

I have full coverage and will always have full coverage. Too many people like to sue you for everything and milk the system for pain and suffering for a scratch.
Wow!?!.... If you see nothing wrong with that video, when they go down...and they Will, you can let them file an insurance claim with your company.
Not trying to get in a pissen match here. But that vid has nothing to do with our rates. I don't ride like that and didn't say it was cool and Ok. They do look a little more experinced then the average rider. I know anything can happen but we have all seen the vids of stupid wrecks caused from inexperinced riders and that is what causes the higher rates. Don't quote me(Im going off of memory) but the average miles on a crashed bike (insurance claim)was less then 1200. This is the majority of all claims but not all claims..

Now accidents happen look at all the members on here that have gone down recently. Foxy had a Pizzaguy pull out in front of him and it was total loss (insurance goes up) dwschultsy low sided into a guard rail and from the pics Total loss (insurance goes up agian)118367s has had two people clip him 1 week apart and cause damage to his bike (do I need to say it) and there is another guy that I almost forgot about, It was crashkahnman he went into a corner to low and ended up in the ditch (let me guess what happens to our insurance rates). Don't take the short versions of the accidents as a "knock" not intended and it sucks that you guys went down and Im glad your all OK

Old 03-25-2008, 12:42 PM

No pissing match here... don't need to pee ...lol

You are correct about the accidents raising our rates and newbies hoping on the road wrecking. But riding like they do in the video... even if theywere Rossi himself or a better then average rider, they could not avoid a driver on their cellphone at those speeds in that much traffic who might chagne lanes on them. They will go down eventually ridinglike thatand cause our rates to raise. Thats all.

Sorry to hear about your rates J.

Old 03-25-2008, 12:51 PM

well i called again today and somhow got the rate down to $61.00 a month..so i went ahead and bought it..cant go a summer without riding.

although, i did find out today that my shoulder does infact have a laborum tear and will require surgery in about 6 weeks...so im going to see how long thats going to keep me out for..but im 17, i bounce back very fast.ill be out for a week im guessing.

Old 03-25-2008, 12:59 PM

If you haven't already take an experienced rider course. It cost about $100 depending on what state your in and it counts as a defensive driving course. That will drop your rate lower and I dont know how other states work but here in NJ taking that course drops 2 points off your driving record. Not to mention it will make you a safer rider. And it only takes one day. Its definitly worth taking. And some places even offer it for free

Old 03-26-2008, 07:31 AM

I'm just going to say 2 things.... I hope you have medical insurance...and part of the responsibility with riding is being able to afford Liability at minimum.
I do have medical and I don't believe in paying $1200 a year for liability on my F3 only, that's not including my F4i or XT225.

I have gone down and it was just a matter of time, but since it was in the country and no cops were called, no insurance was claimed and my medical covered my "ATV accident"

I'm gonna have to look into that Donohu40, if my rate wasn't so crazy I'd be okay with having coverage.

Old 03-26-2008, 09:16 AM
RCR

ORIGINAL: Northernfirepower

I'm just going to say 2 things.... I hope you have medical insurance...and part of the responsibility with riding is being able to afford Liability at minimum.
I do have medical and I don't believe in paying $1200 a year for liability on my F3 only, that's not including my F4i or XT225.

I have gone down and it was just a matter of time, but since it was in the country and no cops were called, no insurance was claimed and my medical covered my "ATV accident"

I'm gonna have to look into that Donohu40, if my rate wasn't so crazy I'd be okay with having coverage.
But liability is for the other person. I have to carry uninsured coverage because people think just like you do.

Old 03-26-2008, 09:20 AM

Yeah...not sayin it's right

Old 03-26-2008, 11:35 AM

Hey Martin_D,

Have you looked into State Farm or Progressive? ... with a clean record that sounds absurd!
Yep, looked into both, have progressive actually.

Old 03-26-2008, 01:09 PM

ORIGINAL: RCR

ORIGINAL: Northernfirepower

But liability is for the other person. I have to carry uninsured coverage because people think just like you do.
I understand Liability is for the other person. What happens if you go down around a turn and your bike slides and hit a car coming around the corner? .. How are you going to pay for damages to their car and their "claimed" injuries ?

Old 03-26-2008, 01:26 PM

For those being charged excessive amounts, you really need to shop around more. Try insuring with your parents or something. It's definitely cheaper that way.

I pay $419 a year for full coverage with AAA.

Quick Reply: $200.00 a month for insurance.