Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

2 min w/a motorcycle cop

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2011 | 05:24 AM

Originally Posted by CBRclassic

Our cops wear bloody everything known to man
Yeah, maybe in Victoria (lived most of my life there so I know what you mean) but not here in Queensland. They usually only wear their normal cop shirt and pants. Even their shoes look like the standard police issue and not motorbike boots.

Old 06-25-2011 | 05:38 AM

Ha, that's funny. i googled the same pics. Yeah, I was used to seeing them looking like that until I moved here in '04. They "gear up" as if they just hopped out of a squad car and straight onto the bike. Usually no gloves either if the weather is warmer.

Old 06-25-2011 | 05:51 AM
Retired Super Moderator - At large E=MC2

Our guys wear the gear, the compromise they make is to wear open-face helmets. I'm told that's to appear more human/friendly to the public when they approach without having to take it on/off constantly.

Ern

Old 06-25-2011 | 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by MadHattr059
Our guys wear the gear, the compromise they make is to wear open-face helmets. I'm told that's to appear more human/friendly to the public when they approach without having to take it on/off constantly.

Ern
yeah thats probably the big concern with gear. Plus if they take off their helmet during a stop and the person takes off on em theyre left standing there holding their helmet. I think they should all use modular helmets

Old 06-26-2011 | 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by spicymeowmix
FYI
Cops cost less to replace than gear.
Are you kidding? Where I'm at, cops get paid all up in excess of 85K for starting salaries, not to mention benefits. Usually get paid leave when injured, and some other guy has to do overtime to take their shift. Also, when injured in the line of duty they're eligible for pension and medical benefits. This can be MILLIONS of dollars of total compensation. It's stupid on almost every level not to gear these badge wearing squids up.

Old 06-26-2011 | 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by yumoncbr
LOLZ. so what is the purpose of having the motorcycle cop then if they are riding slower than patrol car
Basically just easier for traffic safety (radar, etc) as the motorcycles are easier to conceal and such. Our NCSHP's here have them but rarely work the interstates.

Department policies are huge in this area. One of the local PD's here lost an officer to a "high speed wobble" crash (obviously was fatal) and ever since that morning NO LEO's of that department on MC's worked interstates again.

YMMV

Old 06-26-2011 | 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by jtkardel
Are you kidding? Where I'm at, cops get paid all up in excess of 85K for starting salaries, not to mention benefits. Usually get paid leave when injured, and some other guy has to do overtime to take their shift. Also, when injured in the line of duty they're eligible for pension and medical benefits. This can be MILLIONS of dollars of total compensation. It's stupid on almost every level not to gear these badge wearing squids up.
Your area you speak of is the GREATEST exception to the norm regarding LEO salaries.

Old 06-26-2011 | 02:42 PM

Here is a shot of our guys:

Name:  NCHP-RT.jpg
Views: 1116
Size:  255.7 KB

Quick Reply: 2 min w/a motorcycle cop