North East ME, NH, VT, MA, RI, CT, NJ, NY, PA

Road course at englishtown raceway park

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2008, 07:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Road course at englishtown raceway park

howcome no one ever goes to that track?

from what i've heard its been done and open for use for like 2 years.

i havent found any websites of organizations that go there for track days, but on raceway parks website it says to call to rent the track.

Why dont we do that???

Old 04-24-2008, 07:45 PM
Default RE: Road course at englishtown raceway park

I never saw it complete, but from what i did see it was very narrow. Havent been there in around 2 years since i sold my car..

Are you close to old bridge that you could swing over or already have? hows it look?

If its a nice size track and not over priced to ride on im definetly down for a CBRForum and friends track day event.... wonder how much it is to rent for the Day??

Ill be back, im goin to ahhahahhahahaha Raceeeeeway parks website

Old 04-24-2008, 07:56 PM

Well Still not sure on pricing, we have to cantact the guy below.. Its not to bad looking...i found the video on youtube of a run through the coarse with labled turns.. the straightaway seems to be the same distance from that fork in the rd on pension to the entrance, which if i remember isnt to long..

Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpT9-3KRrJw

Raceway Park is proud to announce that the 1.35 mile Road Course is officially available for use. While there are no sanctioned car racing events at this time, the track is available to be rented. In addition to cars, our road course has been home to multiple Supermoto motorcycle events. If you or your group is interested in renting the road course, please contact Kevin Markland at 732-446-7800. Be sure to stay tuned to racewaypark.com for more road course information as it becomes available. The road course is 1.35 miles, and a minimum of 40' wide, save for the 1,400 ft straightaway which measures 50' wide. Some highlights of the track include a 90 degree right turn, a 16 degree banked left turn, and a mini corkscrew. Be sure to check out the youtube video of a ride around the Raceway Park road course. For more information, stay tuned to racewaypark.com.

Old 04-25-2008, 12:08 AM

we must....i mean..its right there, how can we not? lol

if you call, find out the price for the day, and if its not outrageous, maybe we can get a bunch of people and split the cost between us

i'd definitly be down for that, and i know a few others that would too.

wonder if there are any special requirements like, emt's standing by etc..

Old 04-25-2008, 10:55 AM

ok i called and left a message for kevin markland, he should be calling back at any time.

i'll find out as much as i can and post here.

Old 04-25-2008, 02:53 PM

spoke to kevin from the track, the video and picture are old and there have been several revisions to the track since then, suggestions from pro drivers etc..

the cost to rent the track for the day (mon-thurs) including ambulance, and fire truck comes out to $3800

subtract $400 for the fire truck if they are running another event on one of their other tracks that day.

that have someone for the first couple of visits out to instruct, and make sure everyone is ok with running on the track, and not gonna kill themselves.

they also offered for me and a few people to come for a few cold laps to test the track out and see that its what we're looking for.

I know that the 3800 sounds like quite alot, but, if we get enough people...like just 18 people, then its only $200 each. the more people the less the cost. lets try to get this together....keep in mind that booking like a month in advance is the way to go to insure we get the day, or days we want.

EDIT: the cost for aFriday, Saturday, or Sundayis like $6500 which is why i didnt bother to list it at first. but i'm putting it now just incase some of you are wondering.

imo it would take alot of people coming with us to make that affordable.

Old 04-25-2008, 03:26 PM

Well thats really not too bad.. i can get at least 6 people together from here that would definetly be down...

Also i would love to be one of the "testers" to see if its what were looking for
Im just over an hour from E-TOWN

Old 04-25-2008, 03:50 PM

lol i figured you'd want to go for that.

so 6 on your end, i can probably get 4 including myself, at a minimum.

there are 8 or 9 guys around my town that all have good bikes for the track, 2 guys i met last night that seemed pretty cool.

lets hope we start getting more feedback from here, and i'll start putting the word out to see how people feel about it.

Old 04-26-2008, 12:37 AM

Were gonna need to find out what the bike and gear requirments are..chances are we will all have to be in full leathers with boots and gaunltet style gloves

Old 04-26-2008, 11:39 AM

i'm sure there is some stuff needed, but he seemed more concerned with A. Getting us there to check it out, and B. having the proper emergency crews on hand.

made no mention of tech inspections, or other requirements, though i'm sure there are others.

i should have asked more specifically.

Quick Reply: Road course at englishtown raceway park