North East ME, NH, VT, MA, RI, CT, NJ, NY, PA

Poughkeepsie, NY

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2009, 02:52 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Poughkeepsie, NY

Hey, I'm pretty new to the forums and I was just wondering how many people are from around here. I've pretty much only got one friend with a bike, with one more some time in the future... (with the exception of a few family members of course)

I've seen alot of CBR's out, especially this weekend... and I was wondering if any of them happened to be on here. Post up on here and let me know if anyones around.

Old 05-18-2009, 08:37 PM

I just got my f3 over the weekend i live in monroe ny. Some of my friends have bikes but they rarely ride

Old 05-18-2009, 10:11 PM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Have not rode out there yet but frequent the Germantown area and was in Poughkeepsie about 3 weeks ago. Do you know of any rental places out there for bikes?

Old 05-19-2009, 10:17 AM

My girlfriend lives in clermont so I'm out there by germantown quite a bit. Only two of my friends have bikes, but we pretty much ride all the time. As far as bike rental places? I dunno...

Old 05-20-2009, 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by JOECBR600F4i
Have not rode out there yet but frequent the Germantown area and was in Poughkeepsie about 3 weeks ago. Do you know of any rental places out there for bikes?
Ive didnt even know motorcycle rental shops existed. Where is Germantown?

Old 07-14-2009, 06:59 PM

Im from across the river, in New Paltz. I remember bikers use to hang out at duncan donuts on either Tuesday or Thursday. Havent been there on those days in awhile.

Old 07-15-2009, 10:17 AM

I used to go to cabs in new paltz all the time... but that was years ago... it started sucking, and i've been there maybe 3 times in the past 3-4 years.

Which DD? The one on your side by the bridge, or this side in Wappingers? Cause I know 99.9% of the people that hang out at the DD in Wappingers are Gigantic F'ing Tools...

Anyway, i see tons of bikes, and Tons of CBR's around here but apparently none of them are on this forum... Kinda sucks, cause Pretty much the only people i get to ride with are my cousin, who just got a Daytona 955i about 2 months ago, and my friend who's got a 748...

So unless i hook a U-turn and follow other riders, its damn near impossible to meet anyone new.... And like i said, it doesn't help that there are so many toolbags around here to begin with, that i wouldn't want to ride with in the first place...

But on my days off, i usually hit a nice long set of twisties, and scenic stuff if you, or anyone is interested. some of the roads i usually hit are wingdale mountain, and then out into connecticut for a little bit... Depending on my mood, sometimes i take the long way, which could be up to a 3-4 hour ride, or the quick hour stint... either way its alot of fun. especially on wingdale with the 10mph switchbacks (which i recently lost one of my footpeg ground feelers to.... and sparked up my cousin behind me when my kickstand started dragging on the ground.... Yikes....)

I live right in poughkeepsie/Hyde Park by DCC, and anyone is welcome to hit me up on here anytime

Old 07-15-2009, 03:43 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Rental spot !

Originally Posted by jcrimes
Ive didnt even know motorcycle rental shops existed. Where is Germantown?
Most bike rental shops exist in the West Coast however I found only one place on the East Coast and believe or not it's closer than one might think.

www.extrememotorcyclerentals.com

BTW, since being on cbrforum.com, I've only ridden with two riders..lol go figure.

Old 07-31-2009, 08:55 PM

im in poughkeepsie.and the prez of the ny chapter of twisted riderz mc.we go to conn on sundays and to alot of other shows.if any one is interested in going on a ride with us,your more then welcome.
twistedriderz.com