North East ME, NH, VT, MA, RI, CT, NJ, NY, PA

NJ motorcycle license ???

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2009, 02:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NJ motorcycle license ???

anybody now what will happen if i got pulled over without at motorcycle license in nj. everything else is good, inspection, registration, insurance, etc..

Old 04-22-2009, 03:12 PM

Well motorcycle liscense is the same as a automobile liscence its just an endorsment so if they look up your liscence and you dont have a motorcycle endorsment they will tow the bike and ticket you your liscense may get suspended depends on your lawyer and judge not worth it just get a motorcycle liscense

Old 04-23-2009, 09:12 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default yep

Originally Posted by Omarlito21
Well motorcycle liscense is the same as a automobile liscence its just an endorsment so if they look up your liscence and you dont have a motorcycle endorsment they will tow the bike and ticket you your liscense may get suspended depends on your lawyer and judge not worth it just get a motorcycle liscense

Second this... you'll have major legal fees and likely not ride the rest of the season.

Old 04-23-2009, 11:44 AM

i rode for about a year without a license and got pulled over twice. the first cop was cool and didnt write a ticket. he just told me to be safe and watch out for drunks.

the second wasnt that bad either. i got pulled over going like 10 over the speed limit by 3 staties. he ended up just writing me a ticket for the speeding and told me to get my license. he didnt let me ride my bike home though. i was stuck there for like an hour trying to find someone to come help me out. my dad ended up coming out and the cop let me follow him home.

i guess it depends on what the cop is like who pulls you over. ive heard in MD though that you get ticketed like $70 for not having your license.

Old 04-23-2009, 11:46 AM

get your license though, just to save your ***. you never know when you might get pulled over, and wont be as paranoid when out riding.

Old 04-24-2009, 10:08 AM

Baker .. I didn't have a license for about 2 years and still don't have one. Go get your permit at least. It's $5 and you have to take the written test. I didn't even study.
At least if you're pulled over by yourself you can say you just left a group and are on your way home.

Old 04-24-2009, 01:18 PM

dosent a permit expire in a month or so because they do stamp it on the day u took and passed the test..........

Old 04-25-2009, 07:06 AM

The permit is good for 90 days. I had one last summer and just got it renewed last week for another 90 days. One of these days, I'll get a license but it hasn't been a priority. I normally just get on the bike and go!!

Old 04-26-2009, 12:49 AM

the drivin part of the test takes 5 minutes y not get the liscense if u knw how 2 drive avoid the hassel if u get pulled over

Old 04-28-2009, 09:36 AM

Omar,

I know. I know!! I'm like the biggest procrastinator ever. I've actually been putting it off because I've been saying I'm going to take the MSF class. I've only heard good things about taking those. I know some guys that have been riding for a long time and they even said they learned something. And I know, I can still take the class after I get my license.

You know what maybe this weekend!!!

Quick Reply: NJ motorcycle license ???