CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   North East (https://cbrforum.com/forum/north-east-57/)
-   -   New guy here in MA, insurance and riding question (https://cbrforum.com/forum/north-east-57/new-guy-here-ma-insurance-riding-question-44563/)

bluej511 01-30-2008 05:15 AM

RE: New guy here in MA, insurance and riding question

Its multi car discount and its if u have 2 cars not 1 car 1 bike which sucks i was pissed about that. I have a leather jacket gloves and a helmet no leather pants or boots yet

travisgarrison 01-30-2008 01:57 PM

That's not true. Progressive is giving me a multi-policy discount on my bike and my car, and those are the only two policies I have with them.

Get pants, unless you don't value your legs. I put a footpeg through my shin because I didn't have protective pants on. As for boots, I just got a pair of Fieldsheer boots off my younger brother, but I've been riding with gortex hiking boots. Get something that will protect your ankles.

aaron1085 02-05-2008 07:47 PM

ride smart... thats all you got to do, sounds easy right?!

I got my bike, living in western mass. when i was 21, paid 800 a year for insurance, not too bad if you ask me.

travisgarrison 02-05-2008 08:13 PM

So it's kind of hard to tell over the forum, but you are kidding right? I got insurance at 22 for 300 a year. I'm paying 190 a year for liability and comp... that's with a record. 800 a year is a ripoff... even for 21... I'm 27 now btw so 22 wasn't that long ago for me.

bluej511 02-06-2008 05:13 AM

Yea but ur not in the 4th highest state to insure a car/motorcycle thats why.

travisgarrison 02-06-2008 08:10 AM

That makes a little sense. Out of curiosity, what was your first bike? Did you take the MSF course? Did you have a driving record when getting your first bike? Was this coverage for liability only?

bluej511 02-06-2008 03:32 PM

the f4i is my first bike and i took msf and pay 941 a year full coverage, my car was at 4500 and now 2600 cuz of 6yrs of driving. Driving record? haha wtf is that lol

aaron1085 02-21-2008 06:23 PM

Ma aint cheap for insurance, thats for sure... i have a clean record and am almost at my 6 years.

bluej511 02-21-2008 06:27 PM

Motorcycle insurance wont go down though unless you've had your M endersoment 6yrs but i do believe if you drop points it will kick in your motorcycle insurance too. Will let you know in May hahaha. I dropped 4points and kicked in the 6yrs and saved ~180 a month. Time for new tires and those Sidi boots lol.

viva_brasil 03-07-2008 08:40 AM

Hey everyone- i'm new to the forums and riding as well. I'm actually taking my MSF course tomorrow and I put a deposit on a 97 F3 yesterday.

About insurance: I have State Farm, I'm 19, and I'm living in Wellesley and I got quoted $140 per year for a 07 Kawi ZX6R. Obviously it's not what I'm starting with, but I called up and asked out of curiosity. I'm paying $1300 a year now for my car (2006 Hyundai Tiburon V6), but I don't have collision on it, only liability and comprehensive. So for the F3 I'm guessing it should be around $100-120 per year for liability and comprehensive. I highly recommend State Farm- their customer service is very good too.