North East ME, NH, VT, MA, RI, CT, NJ, NY, PA

Just moved to edison looking for rider out here

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2013, 08:32 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just moved to edison looking for rider out here

Hey just to moved to edison by menlo park mall im 26 looking for riders out here my job moved me out here n just noticed what tru friends i really have that dont visit me hmu

Old 02-15-2013, 10:29 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

LOL, Edison ain't that bad. I work at a Honda dealership about 10 minutes away from you. Check the local North East thread, I post up the events we have about once a month. It's free burgers n' dogs and usually revolves around sales events, open houses, stunt shows, bike washes, BBQs and etc. We might also start doing some bike nights, but Cycle Gear down the street has a weekly bike night once the season hits which are pretty decent.

If bike nights and meets aren't really your thing, there's plenty of decent riding within 30 minutes from here. "This Guy" on this forum organizes rides that meet up on the Parkway and with riders from the area so keep an eye out for that as well. They tend to meet up on Saturdays so I don't really join because I have to work, but if you're ever down for a Sunday or a Monday ride, let me know. I typically go around Northwestern NJ to parts of NY then across to PA, about 50% twisties and 50% highway cruising.

If you wanna do track days, let me know, I can get you a discounted track day rate with Nesba and I'm shooting for 2-3 track days a month so long as my budget allows.

Old 02-16-2013, 06:53 AM

ya really i like this area seems like a lot to do but go nobody to ride with n hard to meet people out here just my wife n I.. I got a 929 i'm a fairly new rider use to ride when i was 18 but stopped *parents* aslong as the day is above the 50's i take my bike out dont mind bike nights n cruises so def down good to know about the bike nights

Old 02-24-2013, 04:29 PM

Just hit me up to ride 609 937 4213 anybody welcome 2

Old 03-07-2013, 10:16 PM

I work in edison too guys. Almost directly across fom cycle gear. Right behind that fire station on 27

Old 03-08-2013, 06:41 AM

Welcome cbrgeneral ...just like raylee mentioned .soon as the weather breaks check the local North east thread.well be riding to P.A,,N.y bear mountain and hitting the twistie .don't worry if your a beginner or a pro. There are riders that do track days and some that just out to ride.

Old 03-08-2013, 09:53 PM

Welcome...

It would be nice to see some group rides take place this year....(coughing)

Old 03-22-2013, 10:51 AM
Registered Users

I live in Randolph NJ - It would be nice to start riding in packs again - Also, I am very interest in Tracking Events in NJ - how do I get started?

Old 03-22-2013, 12:36 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RANGERRICK
I live in Randolph NJ - It would be nice to start riding in packs again - Also, I am very interest in Tracking Events in NJ - how do I get started?
A few of the track organizations around here include: NESBA, Team Pro Motion, Absolute Track Days, Tony's Track Days.

From my experience, both NESBA and TPM offer awesome introductory lessons for your first track day. They take you out at a slow and comfortable pace just to teach you the lines and then you're allowed to let loose in the afternoon.

Required gear:
Full leathers 1pc or 2pc, but the 2pc has to have a 360 degree zipper all around.
Full sized riding boots
Gauntlet gloves
DOT/Snell approved helmets (Although I've heard some track day groups allow for ECE helmets as well)

As far as Nesba and TPM, you don't even have to do any real prep to your bike if you're a beginner. Just painters' tape around the lights and mirrors and you're good to go. Make sure your tires have good tread, chain is properly lubed and adjusted, and all the hard parts are bolted down good (i.e. basic maintenance is done).

Feel free to shoot me a PM or check out the track day organization websites if you have any more questions.

Old 03-25-2013, 08:30 AM
Registered Users

Thank you so much, I have been riding for over 20 years, I just recently wanted to give Track events a try. I have done various driving and track events with Cars (911/GT3 - BMW M5). I really enjoy riding more than any car, the connection on a bike is 100% pure - the GT3 is the closest experience I can think of - Here is a pic of my black beauty and my daily commuter.. Thanks again for the info -

Quick Reply: Just moved to edison looking for rider out here