North East ME, NH, VT, MA, RI, CT, NJ, NY, PA

Cops in Jersey..

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2009, 12:20 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Cops in Jersey..

Hey, I'm currently transplanted in Korea, but my home's in Jersey. Are cops really getting that bad back there? I'm here for another year or two working, but my plan is to eventually go back to the US and keep on riding (I started riding this past season here in Korea). One of the things that have kept me on riding here in Korea is the fact that I don't have state troopers waiting every few exits waiting to nab me and pwn me on points and fines. I heard they've been running regular raids around the regular hot spots like Ave P and Jersey City (coming from car stuff) and I might reconsider going back there (and pick another spot in America to move to) just on account of the few horror stories I've heard about how much worse the cops are there.

Oh, and I know there are a few car fans here, I was in Evo-NY and hung out randomly with SQC, NJIC and Jersey DSM if anyone here's into the subie/evo/dsm scene, it's a small world so I figure there might be a couple on here.

Old 11-18-2009, 10:46 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

not really evo ny but im in and out Jersey DSM... jersey is just cracking down on street racing and car theft really... it hasnt gotten bad but they are just beefing up to prevent it

Old 11-18-2009, 07:13 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

"In and out Jersey DSM"... for a moment I'm gonna rearrange my brain and and arrange those words in a way which makes some kind of sense. Who do you know? Also, do you actually commute in Jersey, NYKnick?

Old 11-19-2009, 10:36 AM

Yea im talkin about the www.SJDSM.com forum. i dunno if ur talking about someting else I have always been into the mitsu tuner scene for a while yet never owned a mitsu... Ive owned nothing but hondas. Ive been a lurker for that forum as well as njtuners.com.

And yes i do commute in jersey, one of my parents live in jersey that i visit often.

Old 11-19-2009, 11:34 AM

hardcore DSM-er (diamond star motors) and I havent seen much of a step up around my area. they seem to hate window tint more and more though

as for bikes in jersey If you have anything custom down to an integrated tail light I would avoid Wall twp. they gun for bikes and i'vee personally been stopped 3 times down there for my tail light and not my lack of a muffler/decibel level. once your stopped they look over the entire bike and lecture you. pain in the a$$ i refuse to ride through there anymore.

mind you none of the times was i screwing around.