New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

And yet...another new guy!

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2009, 11:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default And yet...another new guy!

Hey guys, not new to street bikes but I picked my first Honda, a CBR600 F4i, it's an '02 with only 3045 miles. This looked like the best bike forum for me at this point so I joined up.

Later

Old 07-21-2009, 01:18 AM
Official CBRF Welcome Crew Undercover Agent
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Rick, congrats on your new bike. An '02 with 3K? NICE. This is the best F4i forum on the net, imho.
Welcome to CBRF

Old 07-21-2009, 06:39 AM
Banned

Hey Rick, welcome to CBRF!! Congrats on your first Honda. I doubt it will be your last. ;-) Good lord!!... an '02 with barely 3K on it!! You've found a real gem of a bike there. Post up some pics in here when you can and enjoy the forums.

Old 07-21-2009, 09:44 AM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yep, it sounds like you found a diamond in the rough, rick!
Sounds nice...
I'd have to agree with incognito that this is the best forum for all things CBR related.

Also, it's not about being just another new guy. It's about being the best new guy you can be....

Welcom to the forums and enjoy the ride!

Old 07-21-2009, 10:52 PM

Thanks Guys, I thought so to when I found it only having 3K on it. The story is a rich older guy owned it, it was his first bike and he had a membership to Spring Mountain Racetrack just outside Las Vegas where he ran all his hot cars. He didn't ride it very much but when he finally took it out to the track he dumped it, scared him so bad he just left it sit. It's been sitting for just over a year, but fresh fuel, oil and battery it fired right up.....well after I figured out the headlight assembly needed to be plugged in for the fuel pump to work, ha! The bike runs and drives but I basically need to get all new bodywork, I only paid $500 for it so I figure it's worth fixing.

I hope I can add some good info and help to the forum, I owned a performance shop specializing in EFI and custom turbocharging. Divorce ended my shop ownership days after 7 years in business, so I now just run a bunch of CNC machines, do all the welding and occasionally build a computer for a friends wild car!

Later

Old 07-22-2009, 08:38 AM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Hey Rick and Welcome!! :-)

I see you have been taken care of already ...post up some pics
when you get a chance

Take care and enjoy the forums :-)

Jules