New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

X-Country

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2006, 05:23 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default X-Country

Hey great site. Just moved out to Seattle from Boston and rode my 2002 F4I. People looked disgusted when they heard how many miles I did on my three week trek(4,100) but it honestly wasn't all that uncomfortable. Anyone else done some long distance on thier CBR? My bike was great in the mountains, beartooth pass, bighorn mnts, chief joseph highway, it was awesome!

Old 12-09-2006, 09:00 AM
Default RE: X-Country

Welcome to the site.

Sounds like a great trip! I haven't done long distance trips on my 1000RR, but have on my Goldwing. There's just something about being out on the road all by yourself, traveling the country that is just awesome. Can't explain it. Especially if you don't really have a destination and are just out exploring for days. Great feeling.

Anyways, welcome to the site and post up some pics.

Old 12-09-2006, 12:06 PM
Retired Administrator

Welcome aboard.... I've made a couple of treks around 500 or 600 miles straight. If you did 4100 miles in three weeks, what was your longest day of riding? People don't believe me that I was comfortable doing 600 miles. I can change position so the weight is on my legs or butt and also lean forward enough so my chest and stomach take a lot of weight. Let's see them do that on a chopper or cruiser.

Old 12-09-2006, 12:23 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to the forum!
Glad you made a safe trip.

Just curious, how long ya been ridin, and how old are ya?

Old 12-09-2006, 01:54 PM

ORIGINAL: kodiak1122

Welcome to the forum!
Glad you made a safe trip.

Just curious, how long ya been ridin, and how old are ya?

+1

The most I've riding is from New York to Washington DC. That was GREAT! It was on my '03 YZF600R.

Old 12-09-2006, 02:27 PM

Definatley one of the best feelings anyone could ever have being free to explore on two wheels. Like what you said about being able to move around on the bike to get more comfortable, cruisers would not be receptive at all to that. Also i'm sold on the sport touring for ever cause I couldnt imagine taking some of those corners on a cruiser a: because it would be dangerous and b: because I like going more than 30mph through twisties. wish I could share some pics but it keeps saying the files are too large to post. Thanks for the replies, im 27 yrs old and this is only my second year riding.

Old 12-10-2006, 10:05 AM

Thats great!
Were you all by yourself or with others?

Please post some pics.
Folks here are more than helpfull here on the tech stuff like posting photos.
All you have to do is ask.
[sm=Flahssssss.gif] [sm=type.gif]

Old 12-10-2006, 02:16 PM
Ironmang
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome!! Sounds like you had an awsome trip... I'm glad to hear!

I too love doing long trips on my bike (2004 F4i), as most can tell my my odometer, LOL (see sig). Longest trip I've done was back in May... 5,126.3 miles in 18 days, and through 10 states. I absolutely LOVED it and can't wait to do it again!! If you care to see pics click here

Enjoy, be safe and keep the rubber side down!

Old 12-10-2006, 04:54 PM

Drew, YOU ROCK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You have lived the dream... riding...where ever the road takes you!!!!!!!!!! Giant string ball... concrete dinosaur parks and JoJo, the 3 headed calf !!!!!!!!!! I feel everyone should get this opportunity to see America and it's people,face to face. Do you have a general conclusion, about the experience????

Hey man, I live over the pass, in soap lake, e.wa., Look up "WWW dry falls coulee", screamer dragon back roads, then a 60 mi. ride to see Grand Coulee dam. I'ts a whole different gig over here,w/ desert and 1000+' shear cliffs lined w/ lakes... it's truely awe inspiring !!!!!!! Give me a blog... when the season breaks, I'd be happy to show you around !!!!!!!!!!

Hey, If you ride back to Boston... Gimm'e a hollar too. Oh, can I intrest you in info about Corbin seats????????!!!!!!!!!!

Proud of you, and greatfull, you shared w/ us... Thanks !!!!!!!! Clean and free, Ripp'n

Old 12-10-2006, 08:21 PM

You guys rock.I envy you guys.How much experience do you think is neccesary for long trips [CT to DC]

Quick Reply: X-Country