New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

wife says ok

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2006, 12:56 AM
Mad
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wife says ok

I finally upped my life insurance and no less than 12 hours later my wife was like heh why don't you buy a motorcycle? Hmm!!! I didn't put 2+2 until I got cut off for the first time; crap she's hoping to cash in... I've only been on her forever to allow me to buy a motorcycle... Seriously she is very supportive of my new passion. Although I think she is going to be less than thrilled when I buy a slip on and install some sliders (Got the idea from a post from Kiggy74).

This is an awesome forum and I've learned quite a bit so far. Thanks to all those who take the time to give us newbies some good inside information.

I had a Honda Hawk and CR80 when I was a kid and loved to ride them. I kinda got out of it for a long time but always wanted a bike. My personality says sportbike so I got a 05 CBR600F4i. It was on clearance so I got it for a steal. I love it. It rides smooth and feels great. I've only had one problem and that is a flat tire on the freeway. Thanks to all the fellas who pulled over shook my hand and asked if I needed help. I'll be there when you need the help.

I've taken two trips up to the lakes around SOCAL. I've noticed that fellow sportbike riders will eagerly throw a greeting out there but more often than not the cruisers (as I call them; mainly Harley riders) will snub the greeting I throw out there. I must of passed 30 riders and less than 10 percent returned my greeting compared to the 100% return from sportbike riders. Any opinions on that? I am just curious.

Thanks for this forum and all those who take the time to contribute to it. Be safe and have fun; you deserve it!!!

Old 08-06-2006, 01:10 AM
Default RE: wife says ok

If someone dosent give the hand out to me, I eithor do a wheelie, or stand on the seat and wave with both hands, seriously! sometimes with the standing both hands thing, they actually do wave, lol

Not sure why some harley riders are so pissy to the sportbike riders, but I was toying with a group of them today, I passed them, then turned around road with them on a wheelie for a while, then got bored and left, they pretty much ignored me the whole time. [8D]

Old 08-06-2006, 01:42 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My wife gave me the go ahead also.
I bought a 90 Fizzer back in 93 and had it out a few seasons, then sat in the basement a few years got tied up in other things. Got it started up again this year. My loving wife, concerned about my safety and how old the bike is, suggested I should get a new one. Thats how I ended up w/ 06 cbr100rr silver. Life is good!!

Way to go 12oclocker showing the harley riders a thing or two. From what I gather from the Ohio thread you are from Dayton. Same courtesy here in Columbus. What I heard is most of them are afraid to let go of the handle bar, thats why they can't wave back.

Old 08-07-2006, 12:28 AM

welcome to the forum! glad to hear you've got a supportive wife

Old 08-07-2006, 01:00 AM

Not sure why some harley riders are so pissy to the sportbike riders, and left, they pretty much

Hhhmmmmm...........

I was toying with a group of them today, I passed them, then turned around road with them on a wheelie for a while, then got bored and left, they pretty much ignored me the whole time.
Wonder if there could be a connection?
Terry

Old 08-07-2006, 01:27 AM

ya im from kc and the harly riders here seem to think there better too. a couple months ago i had one goin down the highway try to race till i opened a 1000cc can of whip *** on him. not that i was surprised at the way it turned out but it still had me fellin good all the way home.

Old 08-07-2006, 02:15 AM

wouldn't you be pissed if yougot lessthan1/2 the bike for more than twice the money? were broke down on side of road every timeyou wanted to ride? had ahuge puddle of oil on concrete drive under your bike? paid $25,000 for 1940's tecnology? could hardly do the speed limit? then to top it all off once thesse H.D. queers finally get their bikes running for a few miles, even though they wont wave ,their skanky wives/girlfriends do. i guess i would be pissed too! LOL so glad i'm smart enough to buy a honda.

Old 08-07-2006, 02:32 AM
Mad

ORIGINAL: hondaman4life

wouldn't you be pissed if yougot lessthan1/2 the bike for more than twice the money? were broke down on side of road every timeyou wanted to ride? had ahuge puddle of oil on concrete drive under your bike? paid $25,000 for 1940's tecnology? could hardly do the speed limit? then to top it all off once thesse H.D. queers finally get their bikes running for a few miles, even though they wont wave ,their skanky wives/girlfriends do. i guess i would be pissed too! LOL so glad i'm smart enough to buy a honda.
Good point....

Old 08-07-2006, 09:32 AM

Congrats! At first I went the cruiser route then got bored, now I'm in the sportbike scene. Much more interesting here!

Old 08-07-2006, 10:06 AM

[8D] hey dude i work at at motorcycle shop and and make fun of harley riders every day i ride an 05 cbr600rr and an 03 sv650s

Quick Reply: wife says ok