New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

Whats up<---Noob

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2007, 06:46 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whats up<---Noob

Whats up my name is Will, I am working on picking up a CBR F4i, or F4 still not sure which year just yet. I have been into honda for a very long time and I am ready to finally have my own bike. Do have one question though, i am pretty much still a beginner rider, i have only ridden in parking lots and a few around the neighboorhood trips. Will the F4i be too much to handle?

Old 07-13-2007, 11:14 AM
Official Welcome Crew Junkie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Whats up<---Noob

Hi and [sm=welcomesign.gif]to ths site!!
I would suggest taking a MSF course to get some of the basic motorcycling skills down before buying a 600 SS.
Yes the F4i can be too much for some people to handle as their first bike.

Old 07-13-2007, 12:27 PM

Hi and welcome. I agree with Hondajunkie, esspecially if youve never riden a bike before. Don't be discouraged though, after some experience, it is definitly possible. I was able to go straight from dirtbikes to a F4. MSF course is a must though either way. Good Luck!

Old 07-13-2007, 01:26 PM

+1 on both comments.. as long as you ride within YOUR limits, youll have time to catch up with the bikes limits with practice.

Old 07-13-2007, 01:29 PM

for any bike it only has as much power as you give it. Be nice and level headed and no bike is too powerful. And yeah as what everyone else will tell you take the MSF.

Old 07-13-2007, 03:24 PM
Banned

I can tell you even after 8000 miles on my F4i that it is really more bike than I can handle. I ride well within the bikes ability but sometimes (rarely)at the edge of mine. I would have been a better rider if I started on a 250cc ninja for a year. With that said, it is the riders personality, restraint, and brains that allows them to ride a sportbike without incedent in the first year. 90% of riding safely is in your head, dragging knees, wheelies, stoppies and all that doesn't mean you are a safe rider, it just means you can wheelie, stoppie, drag.

Get the 600, be very careful, and you will be fine. Getth 600 and ride like a dick and you will get hurt.

Old 07-13-2007, 04:59 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

hello and welcome given a choice between the f4 and the f4i deffinetly get the f4i. not that the f4 isnt a good bike its just the f4i is alot better haha.

can you start out on a 600cc bike and be fine ..yes

do you have to take the msf before you get a bike to be able to ride one successfully .. no

i rode around for over a year with just my permit and i started on a f3.. then moved up to a 900rr now finally im on a 929 . i just now took the msf course a few weeks ago. it helped improve the skills i already had but i didnt learn anything new (just made what i already knew better).

good luck with getting your bike and remember to ride within your limits cause the bike can handle alot more then you can at this point.

Old 07-16-2007, 07:46 AM

Thanks for all the comments. I live in Alabama and unfortunately they run air cooled bikes so i have to wait till september to take the msf course. Once that is taken care of I am going to either pick up an f4i or possibly my buddies sv650s until I graduate from college and then pick up the honda. Either way i am just ready to get my own bike and ride.

Old 07-16-2007, 04:12 PM
Banned

f4i or possibly my buddies sv650s
I narrowed it down to the same two, my next bike may be the SV1000, either way you go you wont be unhappy with the choice.

Old 07-16-2007, 11:55 PM

Hello and welcome to the site

Quick Reply: Whats up<---Noob