New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

What would you do?

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2006, 07:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What would you do?

Hello all [sm=hiya.gif]

My delima, after 2 years I'm getting another bike (2 previous before my daughter was born) I have a line on a 03 F4i 5000 miles at below retail cost. But... it's gray/red. Now don't get me wrong, it's a really nice bike I like the color ok but I really want a black bike (my favorite color on a bike)

So my question - Get the F4i and paint it or get the F4i and leave it (don't paint it) or wait until I find a black bike (600rr / 636 / r6)

Pro - I prep the bike for paint and it only costs about $400 + factory stickers (give or take)

Con's - painting the bike makes people think it's been down = lower resale value
- a 600rr / 636 / r6 all are more expensive including insurance

I should add that I do realize all of the afore mentioned bikes can be made to go pretty fast and all handle close to the same (f4i being the worst) but good enough for me. I don't do track days (too often) nor do I drag race with it (that's what my car's for) So a basic commuter / gas saver / weekend fun bike ( once a month if that [family guy])

Thanks for any input [sm=burnout.gif]

Old 06-09-2006, 08:14 PM
Default RE: What would you do?

Just my opinion, too many times I settled for second best. They didn’t have what I wanted so I got something that was close. But in the end I wasn’t satisfied with what I had. Finally put an end to that, knew that I wanted a black RR and that’s what I got. Some might settle but I won’t. But that is just me. Hope you figure it, hope you ride soon.

Old 06-09-2006, 08:36 PM

i'm with travis on this one.. don't settle. get what you want. you'll be happier in the end

Old 06-09-2006, 09:49 PM

Thanks,

My first bike... I settled for something close to what I really wanted. I wasn't happy, that's why I asked.

Thanks again for the replies.

Old 06-10-2006, 12:23 AM

Hello & Welcome!!

Get what you want, but a painted bike doesn't always mean it went down....it can mean that you wanted to customize it.

Old 06-10-2006, 12:37 AM

Don't settle for less than what you want.